Which would you choose? 1 Hermes Birkin or 4 Chanels?

Choose 1 option only.

• 1 Hermes Birkin

• 4 Chanels

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would take the four Chanels over the Birkin personally. I prefer the look of the Kelly anyway, but even so, for that $$, give me Chanel anyday, since I'm a Chanel girl at heart with no plans to convert! :smile:

-Minal

I voted for 4 Chanels. But like many, I do see a Birkin in my list of future lusts. But right now, I'm just settling in to the idea of paying 2k+ for Chanels, so I have a long way to go yet before I can justify a Birkin purchase.

Only after I had acquired more than 4 Chanels did I move on to the Birkin. If I had zero bags I would have still chosen to do it in that order. My Chanels were not roomy enough for a big workhouse everyday tote (until I got the modern chains)....now the 40cm Birkin, Chanel black and red modern chain totes are my most used everyday bags. The classic flap doesn't really compare as far as function to the Birkin to me but I'd take 4 modern chains in all the colors...black, white, red and beige over my one Birkin.

k, someone is giving me a birkin or 4 chanels?:drool: :graucho: hmmm....i don't know that i'd ever buy myself a birkin, so if someone gives it to me, i'll take that.
now, if they are giving me money to spend on either, i'd buy for myself, 4 chanels...does that make sense? bc i'm not even sure why, so don't ask me to explain it, but that's what my gut is telling me....:shrugs:

I don't find any Hermes items attractive at all, so my answer is CHANEL!

I kinda agree... While I appreciate Hermes handbags I'm still on the fence whether they would be for me (though I did see an orange mini Kelly clutch that was adorable I don't see myself carrying around a Birkin) I do love some of their accessories, belts, twilly's and pocket squares but for right now I probably would maybe meet in the middle....a couple Chanel bags and then some H accessories....... or maybe a couple Chanel's and that mini Kelly clutch, not a Birkin though.......

4 Chanels for me! I love Birkins, but everytime I even consider saving for one, I think of how many bags I could buy with what I would pay for just one Birkin. I can't do it.

^^^I noticed that too, Cosmo! And the posts seem to go more for Chanel than the Birkin.

BTW: on those pics you posted, I still like the Chanel better than the Birkin. :tender:

BTW: on those pics you posted, I still like the Chanel better than the Birkin. :tender:

I was just trying to point out that even for the Chanel Medallion Tote (which we both own and love), someone else might think it looks like a "box with a handle"!

And Chanel and Hermes actually have some similar-looking styles; there's the Chanel "Kelly" bag, of course, and some think that the Chanel Cerf tote resembles a Birkin.

(Pelinaka's Chanel Kelly bag)

attachment.php

(Chanel Cerf Tote from jag's SA)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Pelinaka's Chanel Kelly.jpg
    Pelinaka's Chanel Kelly.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Chanel Cerf from jag's SA.JPG
    Chanel Cerf from jag's SA.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 63