Which watch brands are most prestigious?

I love the look of Movado - very sleek and looks good worn daily. I prefer faces that are simple and love that most Movados don't have any numbers.

Rolex makes some lovely pieces as well.

go movado! so glad to see that someone appreciates them here. well, lots of people do. but just want to say how much i love my movado my sweet heart gave me for our 4 year anniversary :yahoo:

I absolutely love the Chopard Happy Sport line - high end, sure, but pretty and whimsical in my opinion, which I really love. :smile: I have the midsize (or whatever it is, I know that there is a smaller size with five floating diamonds, and a huge size also with the seven mine has), and it's perfect! Rolex is undeniably a great brand, and you can't go wrong there... I also love the style of the Cartier tank watch - sleek, simple, but elegant and practical for daily use... hope to own one soon. :smile: Have fun researching and trying on various gorgeous watches!! :smile:

For prestige, I'd go with a Rolex. I like the Presidential, but am pondering if it's worth it to me considering the expense. I personally own Raymond Weil and Movado, and they were decently priced in the $1000 range. It really depends on the amount of money you're willing to spend. I think Franck Mullers are nice, especially because everyone doesn't have one. However...if you're going for brand recognition you may not want to go that route. Ooh...and Ebel and Corum are nice too!

I would have to say a Patek, I have ordered one and I already own a rolex, tag and cartier. The Patek is a really well made watch.
It is also one of the only companies that interviews it customers before you can purchase a watch!Lol!! Not all of them but certain ones that go up in value very quickly. A lady on this site called Bee Bee has one or a few and if she sees this thread, I am sure she will give you some useful advice!:smile:

I would have to say a Patek, I have ordered one and I already own a rolex, tag and cartier. The Patek is a really well made watch.
It is also one of the only companies that interviews it customers before you can purchase a watch!Lol!! Not all of them but certain ones that go up in value very quickly. A lady on this site called Bee Bee has one or a few and if she sees this thread, I am sure she will give you some useful advice!:smile:

I have only one since I sold my 4936G and it's a lousy quartz :sweatdrop:; the 4910/10A Twenty~4. You have to talk to my husband about Pateks because he is the one wearing the 5296G and 5070G (actually we just got the latter one last weekend in Monaco so now I am broke again, LOL).

But to be honest nowadays I am not so keen on Patek styling (I am currently obsessing over my Breguet La Tradition) except the 5970G with a 2.5 year list and the 3939HP which I will have to wait 4 years with the interview!

Coming back to the original question on watch brands, it is really weird but if a lay person can quote a watch brand it probably means it's not prestigious - you can say this is bordering on snobbish by the watchnuts if you like. Rolex is definitely not prestigious because it's produced in millions a year. Chanel, TAGs, etc. are definitely low down.

If you want prestigious, you want Philippe Dufour Simplicity (but then 99.9999% of the world's population probably haven't heard of Philippe Dufour :upsidedown:). The finish on that Simplicity is better than any Patek, let alone Rolex. If you have one you have made it, LOL and it will be very prestigious because there are only about 10-20 made a year and the list is full to 2009 and after that no more!

Perhaps this is a good table to see where things are (to show especially that the Chanels, the TAGs, the Rolexes are not the ultimate). I don't know the budget of the lady who started the thread so she can work it out herself!

watchbrandspositioningxm9.jpg

Let's add Ebel to the list. It's as good as most of the brands listed so far, and in my opinion, at least two of their designs (classic sportwave and Brasilia) rival nearly any other design out there.

However, the two most classic watches are the Cartier tank with a croc wristband and the Rolex oyster. You can't go wrong with either.