Which Vernis bag should I buy?

chiclawyer said:
Hi ladies!

So I think I'm going to spring for a new Vernis bag and exchange the mandarin pochette....I've narrowed down my choices to the Reade PM or Roxbury Drive--I'd love to track down an indigo in either style but I'm not sure if any are left anywhere. I love the red but I already have a red epi speedy, not really a pink person so no framboise, thus I think the noisette might be the most versatile for me. Thoughts?

Keep in mind the Reade PM is very small and very open on top - are you okay with that style? Also, the handles are very small. You can't get them much past your wrist. At least the Roxbury can be put up on your shoulder if you wear the strap.

Noisette is a lovely color and would coordinate with so much. Good luck in your search!

suedoc said:
Keep in mind the Reade PM is very small and very open on top - are you okay with that style? Also, the handles are very small. You can't get them much past your wrist. At least the Roxbury can be put up on your shoulder if you wear the strap.

Noisette is a lovely color and would coordinate with so much. Good luck in your search!

Do you think noisette will be too high maintenance? I don't want to be too paranoid when I carry it....that's why I was interested in the indigo. Hmmm decisions, decisions!

chiclawyer said:
Hi ladies!

So I think I'm going to spring for a new Vernis bag and exchange the mandarin pochette....I've narrowed down my choices to the Reade PM or Roxbury Drive--I'd love to track down an indigo in either style but I'm not sure if any are left anywhere. I love the red but I already have a red epi speedy, not really a pink person so no framboise, thus I think the noisette might be the most versatile for me. Thoughts?

in indigo is hot as well.

Those are the exact two vernis bags I love right now!!! I tried the roxbury on a few weeks ago and OMG it was awesome and I never expected to like it! However, I think I'm going for the reade pm because the roxbury is quite wide and I can see bumping into everything with it.....I'm not a handheld bag person, but something about the reade pm is just so irresistable, I may change my mind at the last minute of purchasing but don't think so....

Lola24 said:
Those are the exact two vernis bags I love right now!!! I tried the roxbury on a few weeks ago and OMG it was awesome and I never expected to like it! However, I think I'm going for the reade pm because the roxbury is quite wide and I can see bumping into everything with it.....I'm not a handheld bag person, but something about the reade pm is just so irresistable, I may change my mind at the last minute of purchasing but don't think so....

I love the versatility of the roxbury....also I think the Reade may not be practical as I go into Boston almost every day and would be paranoid about pickpockets.

I don't own any Noisette pieces, so I am also hoping that someone else can chime in on how durable that color is.

How about a Stillwood? elux has it in indigo. You would have to buy a strap to use with it, though. Here is the photo from eluxury:

p10798589_ph_hero.jpg

suedoc said:
I don't own any Noisette pieces, so I am also hoping that someone else can chime in on how durable that color is.

How about a Stillwood? elux has it in indigo. You would have to buy a strap to use with it, though. Here is the photo from eluxury:

p10798589_ph_hero.jpg

Hi Sue,

Have you seen this bag IRL? I wonder how it is to carry.....I had toyed with the idea of it, but was worried that it might be too large for my purposes (I wanted a smaller vernis bag for fun days/going out)....

chiclawyer said:
Hi Sue,

Have you seen this bag IRL? I wonder how it is to carry.....I had toyed with the idea of it, but was worried that it might be too large for my purposes (I wanted a smaller vernis bag for fun days/going out)....

I saw it when it first came out, but, sorry I don't remember any details. I do remember that the top is open (like the Reade).

The Roxbury may be just what you are looking for. You can always take the strap off and use it as a handheld bag.

I used to own a indigo Sac Maple Drive. I loved how that bag looked and it can hold a lot for such a small bag, BUT the small handles drove me crazy.

From elux:

p10774069_ph_detail_03.jpg

Yeah, I haven't been toooooo careful with it ... the only thing I would make sure is if I were putting printed papers in my bag, I would fold them in half so none of the ink could touch the cles. :biggrin: Other than that, I haven't really worried.

chiclawyer said:
Hi ladies!

I like them both, actually, so it's a tough decision between the two. If I HAVE to choose, I'd go for the roxbury drive just because it can be carried in two ways. I feel like you're getting two bags for the price of one! ;)