Which shoulder style Bay to buy???

I saw them again at Nordies tonight and still prefer the first bag, but that's me. I totally loved the messenger in pics but IRL the strap drives me nuts! Chloe always seems to over-do the cross-body straps.

Got to remember us tallies. though! :yes:

We need bags too! :shame: :lol:

Think of how you'll use the bag - business or casual? Age-wise the messenger looks more 20's to me and the smaller bag looks more 30's plus.... oops, did I just give away my age? :P:

I agree that messengers are more casual looking, but I think they can be worn well at any age (as long as they suit the individual).

I don't think everyone has to start looking dressy all the time, just because they've passed 30, do they?! :shrugs:

I certainly hope not, anyway, otherwise I'm doomed! :biggrin:

For me, the shorter strapped dressier version, but filter that thru my age (40s) I can't see myself in the messenger style. :shrugs: That being said, I'm probably no help because I think both bags are nice!

Got to remember us tallies. though! :yes:

Enlighten me, what's a tallie??? :confused1: :lol:

I agree that messengers are more casual looking, but I think they can be worn well at any age (as long as they suit the individual).

I don't think everyone has to start looking dressy all the time, just because they've passed 30, do they?! :shrugs:

Oh sure, you don't have to be dressy all the time - a lot depends on the job you find yourself in, and if you're lucky to be in a creative field or uber-casual jobs you can be hip to your ol' heart's content! Maybe it's the large size of the Bay messenger that evokes a college feel so at my age I'd probably leave it for the weekends, but for the money I'd want my pretty Bay beside me Mon-Fri!!

Even style magazines will spout age-appropriate dress for the fashion challenged, but we all know it's more important to WEAR WHAT YOU LOVE - AT ANY AGE!! :heart: Just offering ideas since Kristie still doesn't seem to have a feel for either bag :shrugs: Girl, did you decide???!!! Inquiring minds WANT TO KNOW!! :lol: :flowers:

I love shoptfs' moka bay! G-d its gorgeous!

attachment.php

Thanks for all the help ladies! I actually decided on the mesenger and I folded the strap so it is actually the same length as the other one. I am going to take it to my wonderful "shoe guy" and see if maybe he can permanently shorten the strap without scarring the bag for life. The bay with the dividers is SUPER wide when you put stuff in it, and I really don't carry that much. It looked and felt wierd to me. The messenger is more "me" and the leather is amazing. Thanks again to all!! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Enlighten me, what's a tallie??? :confused1: :lol:

Oh sure, you don't have to be dressy all the time - a lot depends on the job you find yourself in, and if you're lucky to be in a creative field or uber-casual jobs you can be hip to your ol' heart's content! Maybe it's the large size of the Bay messenger that evokes a college feel so at my age I'd probably leave it for the weekends, but for the money I'd want my pretty Bay beside me Mon-Fri!!

Even style magazines will spout age-appropriate dress for the fashion challenged, but we all know it's more important to WEAR WHAT YOU LOVE - AT ANY AGE!! :heart: Just offering ideas since Kristie still doesn't seem to have a feel for either bag :shrugs: Girl, did you decide???!!! Inquiring minds WANT TO KNOW!! :lol: :flowers:

Absolutely! :biggrin:

BTW, I agree that if one wears formal clothes most of the time, the first style would probably work better with them.

By 'tallies', I meant taller people (who need longer shoulderstraps), BTW.

I think I made the word up! :lol:

Thanks for all the help ladies! I actually decided on the mesenger and I folded the strap so it is actually the same length as the other one. I am going to take it to my wonderful "shoe guy" and see if maybe he can permanently shorten the strap without scarring the bag for life. The bay with the dividers is SUPER wide when you put stuff in it, and I really don't carry that much. It looked and felt wierd to me. The messenger is more "me" and the leather is amazing. Thanks again to all!! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Congrats! :biggrin: