Which should I go for: Birkin 25 or Birkin 30?

Hi,

I’m in the market for a new Birkin. I know I want Togo, black with SHW, but I can’t decide on the size. I already have an B35 in etoupe with SHW, and I love it but it is big and heavy! I know that smaller bags are the trend right now, and I do love them. I’m only 5’2”, so I think either size will work for me. But is the 25 too small? I’ve never seen one in person to know. Can you wear the 25 on your arm or are the straps too short? And which do you think is a better investment long term? I do plan to use the bag a lot, not just for evenings. Thanks in advance for any advice!!
Personally for me, a B25 because I don't really like carrying a lot of stuff out and about and the smaller size transitions into evening better. People look at me funny when I show up with big bags to evening things from something work related and sometimes I have to explain "there is a laptop in there".

Reactions: bubsburgers
I know a lot of people voted for 30. My personal preference is the 25. I am 5’1 and about 110 lbs. I have 1 b35 that i am keeping for sentimental values and no b30.

I find 25 to be the perfect size for my frame - and it does go on my arm. Like @Purseperson420, i am a light packer. At its fullest, I put in it a mini ipad, wallet, inhaler, a scarf and a water bottle (cant close it). I use the size for work and for personal outings.

I have tried to get back to b30 bc i thought it would be a more ‘professional’ looking work bag. For some reason, the consistent feedback from friends and SA (when i try in store? has been that it adds at least 10 years on me regardless if it’s neutral or pop colors..

I am including a photo of me w b25 (although it’s not on the arm because i had a big coat on.. cant get it on w the coat if you live in colder climate)CB699652-B071-4DA5-B610-C76A7D6CA3AB.jpeg

If you want the option to wear the b on the crook of your arm all seasons and not purely handheld, then a 30. A 25 can be worn this way only in summer or when you are wearing thin clothes. Also if you like to wear chunky bangles on the wrist of the arm that you carry your bag, you will find it quite awkward to get it past the bangles without getting stuck and or scratching the handles.

It depends on how many thing u carry and how do u like to carry your B. If you like to wear at the crook of your arm, B25 wont fit in. B30 is a good size on most people.

Since i dont carry much, and carry my B handheld, my preference is B25

I have both and love both. The 25 is tiny but holds quite a lot. I’d say the only thing I’m not quite used to is the strap drop. It does fit on my arm but since I carry it on my left where I also wear my watch I’m always worried about my watch scratching the top of the bag where the resin is so I put it in my arm slowly and carefully. I have twillys on the handles so I don’t worry about them.

The 30 is definitely more carefree as the bag has a much larger strap drop and slings on the arm easily. It holds quite a bit more but is also heavier.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!! I think I need to figure out a way to make more money because I think I need both!!! I think I need one that I can wear with my coats (B30) and one that I can use in the summer (B25). I live in the northeast and all winter I was wishing I had a black Birkin ( which means the I would be wearing it on my arm over my coat). So I think that means a size 30, black, SHW, Togo. I really love the B25, but I know I need a bag that I can wear on my arm with a coat.

So now I need to save even more so I can get a B25, too!! What is it about these bags that they are so addictive???

I have both and love both. The 25 is tiny but holds quite a lot. I’d say the only thing I’m not quite used to is the strap drop. It does fit on my arm but since I carry it on my left where I also wear my watch I’m always worried about my watch scratching the top of the bag where the resin is so I put it in my arm slowly and carefully. I have twillys on the handles so I don’t worry about them.

The 30 is definitely more carefree as the bag has a much larger strap drop and slings on the arm easily. It holds quite a bit more but is also heavier.
It is really only the strap drop that gives me pause. I love the smaller size, but to be able to use it year round I know I need to be able to wear it on my arm with a coat or jacket. If only the strap drop was just a little bit longer!!