Which should I go for: Birkin 25 or Birkin 30?

May 20, 2016
Hi,

I’m in the market for a new Birkin. I know I want Togo, black with SHW, but I can’t decide on the size. I already have an B35 in etoupe with SHW, and I love it but it is big and heavy! I know that smaller bags are the trend right now, and I do love them. I’m only 5’2”, so I think either size will work for me. But is the 25 too small? I’ve never seen one in person to know. Can you wear the 25 on your arm or are the straps too short? And which do you think is a better investment long term? I do plan to use the bag a lot, not just for evenings. Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Size 30 is perfect for everyone IMO. The handle drop on B25 is approx 2.50” (?). Everyone is different, I would consider a size that will work for my everyday life not based on trend, that says B25 works for some better than B30. There is an intensive debate on @kugzz IG post for your references :flowers:.

Hi,

I’m in the market for a new Birkin. I know I want Togo, black with SHW, but I can’t decide on the size. I already have an B35 in etoupe with SHW, and I love it but it is big and heavy! I know that smaller bags are the trend right now, and I do love them. I’m only 5’2”, so I think either size will work for me. But is the 25 too small? I’ve never seen one in person to know. Can you wear the 25 on your arm or are the straps too short? And which do you think is a better investment long term? I do plan to use the bag a lot, not just for evenings. Thanks in advance for any advice!!

I just received your specs in the 25 and couldn’t be happier with it. I am 5’5 close to 5’6 and find it is perfect. It fits everything I carried in my garden party 30, though I am a lighter packer. Here are some mod shots- please excuse my pjs [emoji28]!
View attachment 4028488
View attachment 4028489
View attachment 4028490
Thank you so much for your pictures. For the last 2 weeks I have tried to find the measurement of the famous B 25 handle drop. The actual area you put your arm through. Tonkamama just said 2.5 with a question mark and I thought I read 3 inches somewhere else. Could you please measure the distance from top to bottom of the actual opening of your beautiful noir B25? Thank you so much.

Thank you so much for your pictures. For the last 2 weeks I have tried to find the measurement of the famous B 25 handle drop. The actual area you put your arm through. Tonkamama just said 2.5 with a question mark and I thought I read 3 inches somewhere else. Could you please measure the distance from top to bottom of the actual opening of your beautiful noir B25? Thank you so much.

The front handle drop is 3.5 inches and the back is 3 inches- the flap tucked in makes the back handle slightly shorter in drop height

ok, just because one size works for someone doesn't mean it works for somebody else. What I did in order to find out if I liked the 30 or not, I ordered a fake on amazon to test it out. I thought it was big, especially the width. Maybe I would have liked it if it wasn't that wide. So I knew right away that a 30 wouldn't work for me and the fact that I don't carry that much stuff. On top of that, the bag just didn't look good with my petite frame. I returned the bag, I just wanted to test the size and now I know for sure a 25 would be perfect for me. I saw the 25 before on a taller lady and it looked very good on her. According to my SA, a 25 is harder to get than a 30.