Which scarf/pointu/pochette are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my errand look for the day. New top I had to buy at 80% off for a song as Lanit would say and my silk, 70s(in theme) necklace, Les Flots de Cheval! This is my only size 70 and I won't buy anymore no matter how the design kills me. Sophieg mentioned she did not understand gavroches, and for me and my grande stature, a 70 doesn't fit the bill!
sparklelisab this design is sooo stunning!

Still no opportunity to get caught up on individual comments; I'm so sorry. But at least I can contribute this week:

Coaching (1976), Chasse en Inde (1986), and yet to be profiled Pavements (1970)

(Oh, God, I just noticed - same shoes and same skirt on two different days. I have more clothes than these, I swear :shame:smile:.
TangoTosca, I really like how you pair the Pavement scarf with navy shirt. Matched so well! I have seen Pavement a few times but never thought it would tie that well and have that classic look.

Hi Silk Lovers! I had a great time with my sister and niece this past week. Thanks for all the well wishes! We shopped til we dropped! So many incredibly amazing photos, I am afraid I have gotten too far behind for individual comments. Please forgive me (again)!
I would like to share with you one of my recent goodies... PdM! Sorry for so many pictures. I got really excited pairing it with some options. The first pic shows PdM paired with a strand of my mother's pearls and a strand of my mother-in-law's pearls. I feel like they are with me when I wear the jewelry I inherited from them. The second is paired with a purple sweater.In the next pic, the turquoise Indian head earrings were a gift to my from my DH celebrating our 22nd wedding anniversary. I think they are a perfect match for the scarf. The last pic is paired with a JCrew python sweater, JCrew skirt and an ancient pair of Marc Jacobs shoes that I just realized matched the ensemble. Enjoy my matchy matchy combo! :P Thanks for letting me share!

sorry to be off theme week. I have a S/S 2012 contribution to make for the nautical theme tomorrow.:graucho:

Just when I think I'm done with Maharaja.... u go and post this :noggin:
Guess I need another 90cm.

My MaiTai bonanza arrived..... So excited to try these out!!!! MoP is my fav and I was so happy that it is reversible!!! Like 2 for 1! And this shawl ring sent me over the moon..... :love:

Attachments

• IMG_3548 (846x900).jpg
    IMG_3548 (846x900).jpg
    389.7 KB · Views: 458
  • IMG_3553 (900x672).jpg
    IMG_3553 (900x672).jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 457
  • IMG_3550 (900x672).jpg
    IMG_3550 (900x672).jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_3552 (900x672).jpg
    IMG_3552 (900x672).jpg
    318 KB · Views: 469
Tango, I love how you love your new grail, the butterfly scarf! She is lovely. I have worn silk necklaces all week and want to slip in my last one before Nautical week! Again, my other cw of my Flots de Chevals as a necklace from "the 70's." Again, gone all day--hair a mess, linen wrinkled as usual. Please forgive. But I just love the necklace....

Love this whole ensamble!!!! I think I need that scarf.... that would really pop on my usual ho-hum winter outfits... :thinking:

Just when I think I'm done with Maharaja.... u go and post this :noggin:
Guess I need another 90cm.

Awww...Thank you! You are super cool and uber chic, so I am on :cloud9: just thinking that I was able to enable you! (I am getting the navy version of PdM, too! I just can't help it...I love the details in PdM that the turquoise one along with the navy colorway are my faves. :P) As far as you getting another 90: YOU GO GIRL!!!!:ghi5: (Which one are you eyeing?:cray:)

Alright, my Big Closet Reorg is finally complete and I can come out and play again :yahoo:

I'm so glad that's done. Does anybody else feel like the state of their house reflects the state of their mind? I'm not an obsessive neat freak, but clutter in my house = clutter in my mind. And likewise, if my mind feels cluttered, then the house will inevitably become so as well. It's funny the symbiotic relationship between my house and my mind...

Anyway, it had finally reached critical mass when it came to scarf boxes. I went to the Container Store and bought a Elfa rack of 7 single runner depth drawers. I lined them with the tissue paper that comes with the scarf boxes, and then folded and divided the scarves by color and arranged them like they do at the store. I've always kept them two to a box with labels so it was never really hard to find one, but this should be even more user-friendly.

I'm not really concerned about dust or moths. I handle my scarves so often I don't think the dust will have time to settle!

Before and After
I really love the sight of all the Orange boxes, but I think this new drawer approach will be a big improvement.

View attachment 1821200 View attachment 1821221

The Blacks and Neutrals drawers. It's really enlightening to see my collection taken as a whole, for a change. Here all this time I've been thinking I'm a Blue girl. What I've realized now is that I have a major collection of black/white/neutrals.

Thanks for letting me share!

View attachment 1821202
View attachment 1821216

Wow!!! That is amazing!!! I love the sight of the orange boxes too but I can see how that is cumbersome to deal with and you could easily forget something you have....Your collection is jaw-dropping and your knowledge is so inspiring!!!

And yes, clutter of the house = mental clutter for me as well. It's just nice to see what u have easily.... and not feel like you have to concentrate so hard to put together your ODJ.

My MaiTai bonanza arrived..... So excited to try these out!!!! MoP is my fav and I was so happy that it is reversible!!! Like 2 for 1! And this shawl ring sent me over the moon..... :love:

Welcome to the MaiTai club!!! You picked some beautiful pieces! (I just recently got my first fur collar in navy! Hope it will get cold enough this winter to use it.)

Awww...Thank you! You are super cool and uber chic, so I am on :cloud9: just thinking that I was able to enable you! (I am getting the navy version of PdM, too! I just can't help it...I love the details in PdM that the turquoise one along with the navy colorway are my faves. :P) As far as you getting another 90: YOU GO GIRL!!!!:ghi5: (Which one are you eyeing?:cray:)

Ladybaga! Welcome back! We missed you. Oh how lovely you look in your PdM! And I LOVE those earrings. Now put them on and let us see how darling they look bobbling just below your hair length! And don't call me bossy, just do it, please!

Flava, you do need this in the 90 and not in the black. Note how crisp Lady's "pearls" on the scarf look in this cw. Not dingy at all. You will rock it honey! But you rock everything you wear!!! And don't you just love the scarf rings?? So excited for you!

Jahna, waves my dear!!! Can't wait to see you up in full swing!

Pierina, what do you have that's new? Come on, you have been quiet for too long--something is new!!

Ladybaga! Welcome back! We missed you. Oh how lovely you look in your PdM! And I LOVE those earrings. Now put them on and let us see how darling they look bobbling just below your hair length! And don't call me bossy, just do it, please!

Flava, you do need this in the 90 and not in the black. Note how crisp Lady's "pearls" on the scarf look in this cw. Not dingy at all. You will rock it honey! But you rock everything you wear!!! And don't you just love the scarf rings?? So excited for you!

Jahna, waves my dear!!! Can't wait to see you up in full swing!

Pierina, what do you have that's new? Come on, you have been quiet for too long--something is new!!

Right now I am in my leopard pjs (I know, TMI). I promise to wear and post a pic of the earrings, soon! (sans pjs :P) Thank you so much, sweet sparkly sparklelisab for the silky love!

Hi Silk Lovers! I had a great time with my sister and niece this past week. Thanks for all the well wishes! We shopped til we dropped! So many incredibly amazing photos, I am afraid I have gotten too far behind for individual comments. Please forgive me (again)!
I would like to share with you one of my recent goodies... PdM! Sorry for so many pictures. I got really excited pairing it with some options. The first pic shows PdM paired with a strand of my mother's pearls and a strand of my mother-in-law's pearls. I feel like they are with me when I wear the jewelry I inherited from them. The second is paired with a purple sweater.In the next pic, the turquoise Indian head earrings were a gift to my from my DH celebrating our 22nd wedding anniversary. I think they are a perfect match for the scarf. The last pic is paired with a JCrew python sweater, JCrew skirt and an ancient pair of Marc Jacobs shoes that I just realized matched the ensemble. Enjoy my matchy matchy combo! :P Thanks for letting me share!

sorry to be off theme week. I have a S/S 2012 contribution to make for the nautical theme tomorrow.:graucho:
Had not seen that CW in this and it is so cool and the perfect scarf for the pearls. You look gorgeous, this color is so nice on you~what CW is this?

Uh Oh, it's Nautical week? I am the queen of nauticals. Guess I am going to have to reappear.

What butterfly scarf TT? What does it look ilke whole? What's it's name?

Here's a pic of our real "boat" (she's a 49' Hinkley ketch, for you sailors):

sunrise_12_31_10_sm.jpg
(
Oh my dear~this is so peaceful. Like a postcard. What the perfect start to nautical week~Greetings to you and your DH~hope you have had lots of time on that boat this summer~

Alright, my Big Closet Reorg is finally complete and I can come out and play again :yahoo:

I'm so glad that's done. Does anybody else feel like the state of their house reflects the state of their mind? I'm not an obsessive neat freak, but clutter in my house = clutter in my mind. And likewise, if my mind feels cluttered, then the house will inevitably become so as well. It's funny the symbiotic relationship between my house and my mind...

Anyway, it had finally reached critical mass when it came to scarf boxes. I went to the Container Store and bought a Elfa rack of 7 single runner depth drawers. I lined them with the tissue paper that comes with the scarf boxes, and then folded and divided the scarves by color and arranged them like they do at the store. I've always kept them two to a box with labels so it was never really hard to find one, but this should be even more user-friendly.

I'm not really concerned about dust or moths. I handle my scarves so often I don't think the dust will have time to settle!

Before and After
I really love the sight of all the Orange boxes, but I think this new drawer approach will be a big improvement.

View attachment 1821200 View attachment 1821221

The Blacks and Neutrals drawers. It's really enlightening to see my collection taken as a whole, for a change. Here all this time I've been thinking I'm a Blue girl. What I've realized now is that I have a major collection of black/white/neutrals.

Thanks for letting me share!

View attachment 1821202
View attachment 1821216
Tango~wanna do my closet next?
ITA about orderly house/orderly mind. I can not function in disorder. And how nice to be able to see all your scarves this way discover trends you did not know were there. Intriguing. Yes?
Well DONE>

Had not seen that CW in this and it is so cool and the perfect scarf for the pearls. You look gorgeous, this color is so nice on you~what CW is this?

Thank you so much for your complements, TankerToad!:smile: The color way for my PdM is 01 and is listed as Turquoise/Violet/Bleu. It is much more vibrant in real life than in my pictures. (Hoping to also get the navy version as well.:graucho:)

Right now I am in my leopard pjs (I know, TMI). I promise to wear and post a pic of the earrings, soon! (sans pjs :P) Thank you so much, sweet sparkly sparklelisab for the silky love!

After reading this, I needed to add that yes, I will be wearing clothes when I model my earrings....just not my pajamas. (It sounded a bit risque!):biggrin:

Brun/Marron/Beige

You know, I was wondering between Tigre and Astrologie for my third choice (I stop here, I hope!).
Several days ago, my SA called me they received finally the brown Tigre, so I went yesterday to see how she was.
I was STILL wondering.:thinking:
But, when I see the Tigre IRL, I could immediately make a decision. :biggrin:
This CW is so subtle. Perfect neutral scarf for me!

View attachment 1820206

View attachment 1820207

I love the first pic! I need to try this combo out! Would you mind sharing instructions? :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.