Which was/would be your first orange?

• The Original Orange H

• Potiron

• Feu

• Sanguine

• Mangue

• Capucine

Results are only viewable after voting.
I love Capucine. It's such a vibrant orange. I was shown one earlier this year and would have grabbed it if only the other choice given to me wasn't Lime. Have been waiting for another since then ... Otherwise, my second choice would be Orange - such a classic color.

I vote for Capucine.. Such a bright and happy color. I sadly had to turned down B30 capucine with GHW when my SA offered though, since the color is waaay too similar to my Rose Jaipur B. they look so different on pictures, but comparing Capucine and RJ side by side it looks so very similar.. So im on a hunt for a classic H orange now..
But if you dont have a bag in RJ, i'll say go for Capucine for sure!
Good Luck..

Let me speak up for the Mangue. It's not a saturated colour (it's not meant to be), and irl it looks like what you would get if you added milk and honey to carrot juice, if that makes any sense. But it's a sweet colour and somehow quite neutral.

Sanguine is my favourite. It's the only bag that comes with white stitching out of all the oranges. I have a mini swift Constance in this colour. It's very sweet and subtle to my eye. It's more coral/salmon than orange.

If you like loud colour, definitely go for capucine. It's very striking.

The original H orange would be the middle ground which you can never go wrong with.

Hello everyone thank you for your valuable insights. Had a frustrated hour working out how to respond en masse with quotes, so will return when back at a pc. The comparison pictures so far have been very helpful, and the modelling pictures are gorgeous! And any pictures comments regarding feu in a bag would be most welcome.

Firstly, huge apologies for the delay in getting back - still trying to master the basics of a tablet and finding that they are not the complete replacement for a laptop! Thank you to all who have taken time to share your thoughts.

Cvw1004 – interesting that you describe sanguine as an orangey pink – it is a difficult colour to pin down. The original orange strikes me as having quite yellowish undertones – has that been your experience?

Halothane – thank you for voting – congratulations on your orange b – lucky to be offered others but one in orange seems to cover all your orange desires!

Carlinha – I have only seen capucine in small goods and it seemed really very bright - very pretty and very bright, I fear it might be a leap too far towards colour – thought I was being bold with considering an orange shade at all!

Purselover888 I do know what you mean – I was really drawn to that colour in the ad campaign, but more admiring it from afar!

Ladyjane963 – congratulations on your orange b – enjoy in the best of health.

**chanel** Thank you so much for all of your comparison shots, interesting how the colours do vary so much. It looks like a uncooked salmon in the first shot, but almost pale burnt orange in the third. I am rather drawn to the ‘reddish’ warmth compared to the purer orange of your t-shirt – a very helpful comparison. The shot with the blue scarf seems to feel more like the pinky orange that cvw1004 described earlier.

Luckylove, I’m a little inclined to agree with you – I like it whenever I seem it but feel that it doesn’t quite return the compliment.

Kobe939 I think that it is/was a seasonal colour and not one I had thought of originally, in fact the reason it was the final option was it was a little bit of an after-thought - but amazed at how popular it appears to be. I love potiron, and if it is ready to come out of retirement, I for one would be happy! (sensing it has a brownish undertone though, that lends it for me a more autumnal feel.)

Glamourbag – I agree, it is very much brighter, in the way electric blue is bright, it feels as if every other colour fades into insignificance – it really is a scene stealer of a colour. Regarding feu – I brought a bracelet to try out a smaller sample and have to say it went very well with the natural neutrals over the summer, but think it might still be a little too much for me full scale on a bag – it would be nice to see a bag in this colour though!

Chincac – thank you for posting the comparison, particularly the close up – the best illustration yet of the hues, and yes the orange does look more ‘yellow’ while the capucine looks ‘red’ . It is lovely that you’ve paired them beautifully both with neutral shades, yet the capucine looks more ‘playful’. And you are a girl after my own heart, I love phw too and it counters a little of the capucine’s vibrancy.

Whimsic – I checked back with the reference library and was unable to find a group/family picture like ones posted by pierina with 4/5 shades of blue taken in one shot.

Lulilu – I think the colour I am most drawn to is the sanguine – but much prefer phw – wondering if this would really detract from it’s warmth – good luck with your search.

Purseinsanity – hope your CB comes soon – I love the way swift takes colour, I just not crazy about smooth leather that’s not structured (like box) either, particularly for a 35. However, might look nice in a relaxed bag like perhaps a Victoria (have these ever come in swift?)

Julemakeup – thank you for posting your shots – the lighting is masterful, and the capucine with orange highlights in the birkin picture has stolen my heart! (I’m afraid by the time I feel bold enough for capucine it will be discontinued!)

Purseinsanity – I now understanding the meaning of your name! For someone who carries etoupe and blue abysse, I am taking small steps into colour!

Keekeee – in my mind I group sanguine – bougainvillea – and rose jaipur together, with the sanguine being the closest to orange – guessing I see it as an ‘orange-lite’!

AnHermesHabit – thank you for your contribution on mangue – it does feel like a creamy orange – and from your avatar, doesn’t startle a colour-phobe.

IFFAH – I have seen feu in epsom (bracelet) but not in chevre. It feels like a warmer orange than the classic H, but less brown than the potiron which I am also strongly drawn to. I’d like an orange that brightens, yet blends, iykwim.

Hsiaomee – I think you’ve hit the nail on the head, I suspect one of the reasons I’m drawn to the sanguine, apart from it’s paler hue is because of its contrast stitching which I love for finishing off a casual bag by emphasising it’s shape.

My first orangey H bag was my Potiron JPG Birkin. I was really into the JPG model at that time and thought that potiron was a great "neutral" orange.. Later on I've discovered that I prefer a stronger, more vivid hue of orange such as Feu or classic Orange Hermès. I also really like Capuccine.

My classic favorite has always been Feu in Chevre. If you can still order.

Same here. I only recently got a a karo is feu chèvre P stamp. Hopefully it's not left to SLGs. I found feu in swift breathtaking as well. (though I think we're in the minority IFFAH!)

Good luck deciding OP!

Just wanted to share something that hub and I noticed today. We went shopping and I bought along my b35 Capucine. It was a 2:00 PM sun and capucine looked orange. Not as intense as the classic orange, but orange, no hint of red at all. When I was trying on clothes, I noticed capucine looking like a pale pinkish orange under moderate to dim dressing room lights. Later when we were in the car, at around 4:00 PM, I noticed capucine looking red. It's really neat how capucine takes on such different color depending on time and light. Hub was so intrigued by this as well and agreed that capucine is really an awesome color :smile:.

Last edited:
My first orangey H bag was my Potiron JPG Birkin. I was really into the JPG model at that time and thought that potiron was a great "neutral" orange.. Later on I've discovered that I prefer a stronger, more vivid hue of orange such as Feu or classic Orange Hermès. I also really like Capuccine.

Hi DiamondS - you were fortunate indeed to acquire the now almost fabled potiron. It's definitely a more subdued, but true orange. Would you me kind enough to post any links to previous posts or indeed comparison shots here?

Same here. I only recently got a a karo is feu chèvre P stamp. Hopefully it's not left to SLGs. I found feu in swift breathtaking as well. (though I think we're in the minority IFFAH!)

Good luck deciding OP!

I share your hope gixxer as I would love to see a larger example against an original orange for comparison. Without having seen the three together, I gather it sits between potiron and original orange.

capucine!!!

You are far from alone - there is growing admiration for this colour - and the more I see it the more it appeals. I have a sense that it's more likely to be a garment/slg shade for me until I grow a little bolder with bag choice. :smile:

Just wanted to share something that hub and I noticed today. We went shopping and I bought along my b35 Capucine. It was a 2:00 PM sun and capucine looked orange. Not as intense as the classic orange, but orange, no hint of red at all. When I was trying on clothes, I noticed capucine looking like a pale pinkish orange under moderate to dim dressing room lights. Later when we were in the car, at around 4:00 PM, I noticed capucine looking red. It's really neat how capucine takes on such different color depending on time and light. Hub was so intrigued by this as well and agreed that capucine is really an awesome color :smile:.

This is really intriguing julemakeup - as few of the pictures so far have shown the same or similar shade twice - you have thrown some light on this as your comments prove that it is truly is a chameleon colour.

ITA:smile::smile::smile:

I forgot to mention... I was offered a jige in feu last week and that shade of orange does work with my skin tone so I thought I would share this info with you as you and I are in the same boat with the gorgeous classic orange not being as gorgeous against our coloring. If you are able to find capucine, though, I find that to be amazing!! Best wishes!!