Which leather/ skin is the lightest to carry ?

I think Epsom is the lightest of those. But even between Togo leathers from different years, I can feel the weight difference too? Or is it my imagination? Sometimes I literally come home with a very sore left shoulder.

Among the leathers I've had (Box, Courchevel/Epsom, Togo, Clemence, Swift, Barenia, Vache Naturelle, Vachette Ardennes) the lightest are Box and Courchevel/Epsom ( these are embossed Boxcalf) also Ardennes is pretty lightweight, the heaviest is Barenia, for me anyway.
does anyone know if Box is very structured & more formal of a leather? Thx

Depends on which bag style you’re referencing. But box tends to look a bit more formal because of its natural high sheen look. It’s gorgeous though and patinas really well it looked after and most easily spa’s leather! This is my Box Sellier k28 and I’m a jeans, tee, and sneaker kind of girl and I use this bag without any issue of feeling too formal but it also pairs wonderfully for any business meeting I may need to go toD2F929EC-8AD4-4C74-860F-676F875503D3.jpeg
does anyone know if Box is very structured & more formal of a leather? Thx

Depends on which bag style you’re referencing. But box tends to look a bit more formal because of its natural high sheen look. It’s gorgeous though and patinas really well it looked after and most easily spa’s leather! This is my Box Sellier k28 and I’m a jeans, tee, and sneaker kind of girl and I use this bag without any issue of feeling too formal but it also pairs wonderfully for any business meeting I may need to go toView attachment 5280578
This is so gorgeous & so good to know!! I've always had my eye on a so black b30 if I could ever find a reseller with one for a decent price but I'm also a jeans/sneakers casual girl so wondered if it would look too dressy. I love it with what you paired it with!!

• Love
Reactions: Naynaykilla
This is so gorgeous & so good to know!! I've always had my eye on a so black b30 if I could ever find a reseller with one for a decent price but I'm also a jeans/sneakers casual girl so wondered if it would look too dressy. I love it with what you paired it with!!
Thanks, I also feel like it’s all about your personal style and comfort level. I’m in my 30’s now and very much of the, “if I like it, I wear it,” mindset and not following trends or anything.

Reactions: Sharifshopping
yes that's the right attitude. I'm 51 but no longer work so I dress casually.. It's def a collector's piece if I can find one :smile:
I know there were a few box pieces at the Madison store this year, so they are still being produced and you can always find great vintage ones that can easily be spas back to their original beauty. Box is one of my absolute favorite leathers. I would love a rouge h box mini Kelly.

plase share when you find your box bag!

Reactions: Sharifshopping
I know there were a few box pieces at the Madison store this year, so they are still being produced and you can always find great vintage ones that can easily be spas back to their original beauty. Box is one of my absolute favorite leathers. I would love a rouge h box mini Kelly.

plase share when you find your box bag!
wow great to know thx.. I'm in Maryland unfortunately.. so yes sounds like I'm better off with the resale route. A Rouge box mini kelly sounds gorgeous! Will do thx so much

Reactions: Naynaykilla