Which leather more expensive? Togo, clemence, box, VL or Swift?

temptation everywhere princessfrog ...
whenever a birkin turn up, I just want to buy it :P
Every now and then, colour seems not a problem cos i think birkin in any colour always looks good ....
aarrghhhh

temptation everywhere princessfrog ...
whenever a birkin turn up, I just want to buy it :P
Every now and then, colour seems not a problem cos i think birkin in any colour always looks good ....
aarrghhhh
BirKineSS, before I got a birkin, I told my SA I will take any birkin as long as it's not larger than 35cm. But these days, I make sure I think properly before plonking $$ onto one. It's too big a ticket to regret later. I just have to make sure it's the right size, colour and leather.

Take your time. Learn about the leather and stuff first and shortlist the combinations that you really want. You will get a birkin one day, I'm sure. :smile:

Reactions: iseebearbears
mitchellwebb_ said:
I am about to purchase a swift 35 black birkin I just want to know how rigid swift leather is

Swift in 35 will be very slouchy.. Not so much in size 30 though.. My swift B30 is almost 3 years old, its slouchy :yes: but it can stand when empty without flopping.. I doubt a 35 can do that.. And also my swift B is even slouchier than my clemence B..
But thats just my experience.. It may be different with other's..

Swift in 35 will be very slouchy.. Not so much in size 30 though.. My swift B30 is almost 3 years old, its slouchy :yes: but it can stand when empty without flopping.. I doubt a 35 can do that.. And also my swift B is even slouchier than my clemence B..
But thats just my experience.. It may be different with other's..

Hi, I am about to order a Birkin 35, and I can't really decide between box or swift. Can you please post a picture of your 30 swift? :biggrin:

Hi, I am about to order a Birkin 35, and I can't really decide between box or swift. Can you please post a picture of your 30 swift? :biggrin:

So sorry for the super late reply.. Didnt get any notification when checking TPF from my phone..
This is my 3 years old B30 rubis swift.. It stands upright on its own even when empty.. Swift is a slouchy leather but as long as you take care of it (storing it properly to keep the shape and to avoid creases on the leather by stuffing it with enough air bags.. Dont over stuffed it though..!) it'll be okay and it gets more beautiful with time..
Swift is buttery soft.. And the color gets richer with time.. Miss rubis has a sheen to it now.. It wasnt this shiny when i bought her brand new.. This was my first B and at first I didnt really like swift, but with time and after collecting a few other Bs and K in other leathers i begin to love and appreciate swift leather more and more.. Its not as delicate as it seems either.. I once scratched it but i just rubbed it with my fingertips and the scratches were gone.. ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 1,554
Last edited:
Reactions: ccbaggirl89
So sorry for the super late reply.. Didnt get any notification when checking TPF from my phone..
This is my 3 years old B30 rubis swift.. It stands upright on its own even when empty.. Swift is a slouchy leather but as long as you take care of it (storing it properly to keep the shape and to avoid creases on the leather by stuffing it with enough air bags.. Dont over stuffed it though..!) it'll be okay and it gets more beautiful with time..
Swift is buttery soft.. And the color gets richer with time.. Miss rubis has a sheen to it now.. It wasnt this shiny when i bought her brand new.. This was my first B and at first I didnt really like swift, but with time and after collecting a few other Bs and K in other leathers i begin to love and appreciate swift leather more and more.. Its not as delicate as it seems either.. I once scratched it but i just rubbed it with my fingertips and the scratches were gone.. ;)

Oh wow, it's beautiful. Thank you so much for posting this picture. I think swift in 30 cm looks perfect! If I get the chance I will go for 35 black box, and 30 in swift in red or a gray/blue maybe orage if that color is available in swift.
Your rubis is fantastic! :love: