Which is your absolute favourite Chanel bag in your collection and why?

I would say my sparkly chevron boy bag :smile: I wanted it so badly, couldn’t afford it yet. Year later I found it shoved in the back of a shelf in Bloomies RTW section. Was around my anniversary and my boyfriend got me it, he remembered me obsessing over it the year before. Was my first Chanel bag! (Clearly not my last) my second favorite probably is my silver mini I just got, was a process but she’s stunning! I really love all my Chanel bags, there’s really only one I am unsure on that I may sell. Hard to say because of the pandemic I haven’t gotten to try and match it to outfits 5113B441-B0AA-4960-A817-C2C1203C6E7E.jpeg

Attachments

• F9D08C83-1D95-42C9-AD28-977920083CD2.jpeg
    F9D08C83-1D95-42C9-AD28-977920083CD2.jpeg
    267 KB · Views: 27
E7B9A7F8-B5E9-439E-9F93-DF7CA2F2F1EF.jpeg
Black caviar CF aka my first Chanel bag. I was saving up money and wouldn’t think I would get a Chanel bag at that time until I went into the store the first time and got attracted to the bag. On the same day, my hubby was influenced by me and bought a Rolex :smile:. We are both glad because it’s not as easy to get both the bag and the watch now :smile:

View attachment 4994120
Black caviar CF aka my first Chanel bag. I was saving up money and wouldn’t think I would get a Chanel bag at that time until I went into the store the first time and got attracted to the bag. On the same day, my hubby was influenced by me and bought a Rolex :smile:. We are both glad because it’s not as easy to get both the bag and the watch now :smile:
Congrats. Did you have to reserve it or it was available at the store.

This is a hard question, I love all my bags for different reasons, but I think I would have to pick two out of my 12 as tops favorites;

My medium classic flap in black lambskin and gold hardware, because to me, that is THE classic Chanel handbag. It is a beauty to behold. It is also my avatar on this forum for that reason. The luxurious look and feel of black lambskin against the gleam of gold hardware is just heavenly to me.

But a recent challenger to the thrown is my small classic flap in blue iridescent caviar and champagne gold hardware that I purchased at 31 Rue Cambon last spring. It is unique and beautiful, and I will always remember stepping into the Coco Chanel’s flagship boutique for the first time. A very special memory, so I would never let this bag go either :biggrin:
Pictures just cannot do this bag justice. You have to see it in person to appreciate the shifts of colors. It is spellbinding!

View attachment 4693242
Hi, is this caviar or calfskin? How is wear and tear?