Which is more worth it... Rosella or Ron Rons/Pigalle Plato?

I'm not entirely broke. I still have a few hundred and if I ever ran into any problems (very unlikely), my parents would always support me... They just don't support my shopping for shoes and bags. They pay for my car, insurance, gas, school, and everything else though. I just have to spend my own money for pleasure purchases :sad:

No offense, but if you only have a few hundred dollars in your account, the last thing you should be doing is spending it on luxury items. IMHO, buying CL's and other designer things should be done with your own money once you can truly afford it.

Of the ones you listed, I'd go for the Rosella flats.

I'm a girl who values versatility and wearability. The flats are expensive from CL... I think you should ask yourself do you LOVE the flats or is it just for the brand? If the latter and given you financial situation, I opt for a pair of cheaper flats say Manolo, Jimmy Choo, or Ferragamo. The quality is practically the same. You really are indeed paying about 200$ extra for the CL name :yes:

Oh, can you introduce me to you guy friend?!??! :lol: He sounds fantastic! lol I don't think any of my friends would OFFER to give me extra money to buy MORE expensive shoes lol

I know it's with the best intentions, but it's really no one's business what she does with her money. She asked for opinions on flats or Ron Rons, not on how she should spend her money.

When the OP brings money up as one of her main considerations and asks, "Do you think it is worth it to spend that amount of money (when you don't have much left)...", I don't think it's a far stretch to expect one or more responses to reference her financial situation. Besides, she didn't just ask "flats or heels?" She specifically stated that she doesn't have too much left in her piggy bank. If the OP didn't want money to be relevant, she wouldn't have included that fact. But I guess we can agree to disagree.

3. I don't have much money at the moment. I'm 21 and I'm not working right now so I'm down to my last few for now until I find another job :sad:

So my main question is: do you think it is worth it to spend that amount of money (when you don't have much left) on a pair of simple black flats? Or would you rather take the extra money and go for a pair of nude heels even though they may not match my skintone which is the main point of nude heels (to elongate legs)? Please help! :sad: Thanks!!

I would get the Ron Rons, they are by far the most comfortable pair of shoes I have. Since your budget is limited (so is mine) I would advice to get a pair that you can wear often enough to justify the price; IMO the ron ron in nude is very versatile and practical.

I would not pay full price for flats. They always go on sale so I would return them and wait for the sales, in the meantime maybe get a nice pair of Tory Burch flats or some other brand.

As far as the nude color, I think you should wait. Don't settle for the wrong nude. You'll end up not wearing them as much and wishing you had waited for the camel color.

Style wise, I like both Ron Ron and Pigalle Plato. For me the Ron Ron's are extremely comfortable but if you're looking for more WOW factor, go with the Pigalle Plato's! they are HOT!

i would return the flats and get the nude ron rons instead. the rosellas are lovely, but tbh, you can get nice black flats for much cheaper elsewhere. there just isn't a substitute for a pair of fabulous CL nudes!

ETA: i clearly didn't read closely about the $$ situation. but if you are having $$ issues... the shoes can wait. these are classics, they'll be there for you to purchase when the time is right.

I fully endorse the above statement. Ron Rons ***** flats but not if you'll end up in financial stress. :smile:

I have to agree with many of the posters here. I love shopping as much as the next person, some would say more :P but if money is tight for you it may be a good idea to hold off on your purchase for a little while. :flowers:

That being said in regards to your question my feeling is I typically do not full price for flats.:nono: I have a hard time justifying the costs for flats. For me to pay more than 600 for a pair of flats the flats have to be extraordinary in my opinion. The only flats I paid of $600 for is my Meneboot. I felt it was special because it was a knee high boot with spikes & with the East Coast winters I know it'll get a lot of wear. :yes:

Out of the Ron Rons & the Pigalle Platos I would what for the true nude since that is the look you're going for. Best of luck. :tup:

When the OP brings money up as one of her main considerations and asks, "Do you think it is worth it to spend that amount of money (when you don't have much left)...", I don't think it's a far stretch to expect one or more responses to reference her financial situation. Besides, she didn't just ask "flats or heels?" She specifically stated that she doesn't have too much left in her piggy bank. If the OP didn't want money to be relevant, she wouldn't have included that fact. But I guess we can agree to disagree.

ia 100%

Thanks for all your opinions! I know I really just wanted an opinion on which one was more worth it, but I appreciate all your concerns about my financial situation. It obviously would be more wise for me to NOT spend since I don't have much money... but it's hard not to, esp when your size is there!! I NEVER find my size and living in Canada does not help! :sad:

On another note...
I actually found the flats online for $520CDN... does this make my situation a bit better? :shrugs:

I absolutely LOVE the CL flats the more I try them on... the only reason I didn't buy any other flats is because I just want something plain and simple. Everything nowadays seems to have some sort of embellishment on it, whether it be flowers, jewels, or big flashy logos (Tory Burch, Michael Kors, Marc by Marc Jacobs, etc) which I just don't want! The Rosellas have been the only flats I have found that I actually like! Even if I go to Aldo or one of those cheapie stores, I can't even find a pair of simple black flats that I like.

And the money thing... it's not THAT big of an issue. I'm going to start working again soon. When I go out, all the guys pay for everything, NOT trying to sound snobby! :blush:
The only thing I spend my own money on are my own purchases so even if I save up, in the end I'm going to spend it on shoes or whatever else anyway, and I figure since the sizes are available now I might as well buy them now?:confused1:

Thanks for all your opinions! I know I really just wanted an opinion on which one was more worth it, but I appreciate all your concerns about my financial situation. It obviously would be more wise for me to NOT spend since I don't have much money... but it's hard not to, esp when your size is there!! I NEVER find my size and living in Canada does not help! :sad:

On another note...
I actually found the flats online for $520CDN... does this make my situation a bit better? :shrugs:

I absolutely LOVE the CL flats the more I try them on... the only reason I didn't buy any other flats is because I just want something plain and simple. Everything nowadays seems to have some sort of embellishment on it, whether it be flowers, jewels, or big flashy logos (Tory Burch, Michael Kors, Marc by Marc Jacobs, etc) which I just don't want! The Rosellas have been the only flats I have found that I actually like! Even if I go to Aldo or one of those cheapie stores, I can't even find a pair of simple black flats that I like.

And the money thing... it's not THAT big of an issue. I'm going to start working again soon. When I go out, all the guys pay for everything, NOT trying to sound snobby! :blush:
The only thing I spend my own money on are my own purchases so even if I save up, in the end I'm going to spend it on shoes or whatever else anyway, and I figure since the sizes are available now I might as well buy them now?:confused1:
will they be shipped from canada? if not you may be hit with $$$ customs fees.