Which is best for everyday? Red Caviar Med Boy or Blk Caviar Jumbo Dbl Flap?

Which would you prefer for your everyday bag?

• Chanel Black Caviar Jumbo Double Flap GWH

• Chanel Red Caviar Medium Boy, Rhuthium HW

• Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.
I personally prefer Classic Jumbo for everyday. The boy is a bit structure and it doesn't fit as much as the Jumbo does. I wanted to purchase the boy flap before, but after tried them on and compare them side by side. I decide not to own a boy for now. The small boy doesn't fit as much as the Classic Mini, and the medium doesn't fit as much as the Jumbo Classic. So I probably will wait until they have new version or new size for me to add a boy into my collection. Good luck!

Thanks, Canneiv! I tend to prefer larger bags for every day, and the jumbo is a great size! Wish I could take one out for a test drive before committing. I really appreciate your advice, thanks!

New medium boy fits as much as jumbo but old medium doesn't fit much.

Red caviar boy is seasonal so you should get one if you only want red caviar.

Calflu, really? the jumbo seems a little bit larger than the new medium boy. Good point about the red boy maybe being seasonal. I'll have to ask my SA about that. I've heard that it's going to be one of the new classic staples, but who knows. Thanks for the advice!

So you're happy with the classic black? Do you still want a boy bag or are you content with the classic? Thanks! :smile:

I love my classic more than I ever could've imagined!!! I don't regret purchasing it by any means. I would like to own a boy at some point but my desire for the boy is far from that experienced with the flap. I literally obsessed over the flap and was determined to make it mine. I'm not envious when I see the boy being worn by others. I appreciate the boy and will probably get around to purchasing it at some point. Whereas, I just had to have that classic.

I love my classic more than I ever could've imagined!!! I don't regret purchasing it by any means. I would like to own a boy at some point but my desire for the boy is far from that experienced with the flap. I literally obsessed over the flap and was determined to make it mine. I'm not envious when I see the boy being worn by others. I appreciate the boy and will probably get around to purchasing it at some point. Whereas, I just had to have that classic.

Thanks, Tlcsuccess! I'm starting to increasingly obsess since I posted this, super helpful to hear your thoughts! :smile:

Jumbo is slightly bigger in dimension but I don't feel jumbo fits way more.

Probably b/c jumbo is heavier so I don't load mine all the way up.

Boy design is different every season so if you like a particular design, you should get it now.

Good luck with your decision. Honestly, you can't go wrong with any one of them and you will probably get both at the end since Chanel is so addictive! :biggrin:

Calflu, really? the jumbo seems a little bit larger than the new medium boy. Good point about the red boy maybe being seasonal. I'll have to ask my SA about that. I've heard that it's going to be one of the new classic staples, but who knows. Thanks for the advice!

As much as I LOVE my boys, the jumbo is so beautiful and classic. I wear mine mainly dressed down for everyday wear, even with t-shirts and converse. I agree with the fellow tpfers that you can get a boy later on. Go for the jumbo!! It fits a lot more too!!

Jumbo is slightly bigger in dimension but I don't feel jumbo fits way more.

Probably b/c jumbo is heavier so I don't load mine all the way up.

Boy design is different every season so if you like a particular design, you should get it now.

Good luck with your decision. Honestly, you can't go wrong with any one of them and you will probably get both at the end since Chanel is so addictive! :biggrin:

calflu, so true--I'm completely addicted without even owning many items ;)

As much as I LOVE my boys, the jumbo is so beautiful and classic. I wear mine mainly dressed down for everyday wear, even with t-shirts and converse. I agree with the fellow tpfers that you can get a boy later on. Go for the jumbo!! It fits a lot more too!!

Thanks, JE2824! Good to know it's so versatile! This thread is making me want to call around TODAY and get myself the jumbo.

Quick question-does yours have silver or gold hardware? Do you think that makes a difference with how casual it can be?

Thanks, JE2824! Good to know it's so versatile! This thread is making me want to call around TODAY and get myself the jumbo.

Quick question-does yours have silver or gold hardware? Do you think that makes a difference with how casual it can be?

I have both :shame:. Both my black jumbos are lambskin. I have to say that I dress both of them down. I have two toddlers, so I am not "dressing up" much anymore. I do find myself carrying my SHW more, but both are so beautiful! I would base it on what hardware you prefer, and what you think would fit with your wardrobe/lifestyle. HTH. You will end up with a boy too...eventually. :graucho::biggrin::biggrin:;)

I have both :shame:. Both my black jumbos are lambskin. I have to say that I dress both of them down. I have two toddlers, so I am not "dressing up" much anymore. I do find myself carrying my SHW more, but both are so beautiful! I would base it on what hardware you prefer, and what you think would fit with your wardrobe/lifestyle. HTH. You will end up with a boy too...eventually. :graucho::biggrin::biggrin:;)

JE2824 Lucky!!! They are quite different depending on the hardware :smile: And go you for wearing lambskin with toddlers! thanks!

Depends if your are comparing the new med boy to the classic jumbo? If yes than they are similar in size - if no than whoa, the old med boy is much smaller than the classic jumbo. I have the old med boy in lamb and love him so, BUT poor guy does not hold much at all, but he's stunning. I just purchased the jumbo caviar flap , as in she,i s still in her box with tags on just waiting for the perfect time to debut and she is Drool worthy . My boy has the rhodium hardware, but new jumbo girl has gold, however it, is simply personal preference . Not sure I helped you, but I could not be more excited about the jumbo! Good luck.