Which fabric is BEST for sweaters in terms of comfort, appearance, and durability?

PurrseGal

Dec 1, 2008
What is your favorite fabric for sweaters or cardigans? Is Rayon a cheap fabric? I bought a turtleneck sweater from Express that's 80% Rayon, 17% Nylon, and 3% Spandex. It feels sooooo comfortable on my skin, but I don't know if it will hold up washes.

Which fabrics are low quality?

:ty:

i love the feel of cashmere but i hate keeping up with all the dry cleaning and it doesn't look or feel the same after washing it at home. i stick to simple cotton or a cashmere blend with silk like Prayes said.

I say cashmere or merino wool. Cotton is ok, but never full on synthetics like rayon or acrylic. They never hold up with wear and washing and they just feel icky.

I agree with cashmere, or a cashmere/wool blend. Soooooooo comfy and non-itchy. There are different grades of cashmere, which is indicative of the price tag. I've seen cashmere at Target and you get what you pay for.

I prefer wool or cashmere, or some blend with wool or cashmere. I used to have alot of rayon-type sweaters, and they were so synthetic feeling and not as warm as natural fibers. I've only got a few wool sweaters, so the upkeep isn't too much for me yet.