Which Eva for this dress? Which Eva is more versatile in general?

scaredycat

O.G.
Jun 15, 2009
So excited! I think this is the bag I will get for my birthday next week, but I'm not sure which one to get, Azur or Mono.

I think Mono is easier to match, but Azur is so pretty!

Also, is Mono a bit more casual so it's better for everyday use?
I'll be using it mainly without the super long strap, because it looks funny on me.

There are two immediate occasions I'll be using this for:

1) my trip to Cancun coming up soon
2) a friend's wedding...I'm wearing this Tracey Reese dress:

Sep10Photos823.jpg

Help me please!
TIA!

I think the mono will be more versatile. My personal favorite is the ebene, which I have been trying to get for my birthday (also next week :smile:) for MONTHS. I am in the US though so I have no idea what the eva situation in Canada is.

either way you cant go wrong with either one!!

Your dress is gorgeous! Now to confuse you - I think the Azur would look best with this dress - especially in Cancun - however Eva in Azur is actually my least favourite of the three, with Damier Ebene being the most gorgeous/classy/versatile one overall IMO! But it wouldn't match with your dress (too dark) & as you already have the Damier pochette I guess there is no point. The Mono Eva is ok but there is no wow factor to it.

I love my Azur Speedy but for some reason, any other Azur bag (NF, Eva, Hampstead, Galleria) always seem to look scruffy, dirty and worn to me when I see them out and about. I know it sounds strange but I don't like Azur worn on the shoulder (next to the body).

:wacko: sorry I haven't been much help!

P.S. Have you thought about something in Sunset Blvd instead? Very pretty and feminine looking with your dress.....

Last edited:
Thank you Princess Pink! I wish I could get an Amarante bag, but our moolah is so tied up in real estate right now :sad:

Thanks Gimme! Yes, we are very minimalist and quite modern with our decor. It's easy living :smile: We even have bare concrete walls and 1 giant concrete pillar (unpainted) in our place. We love it!

I do not think the Azur would match this dress at all...This is because the two colour schemes are totally off... Therefore, I would choose the mono. Mono matches pretty much anything, in my opinion, since i consider it to have more neutral tones and the canvas is pretty much "classic LV." I think it would look much better and definitely be more versatile! GL choosing! :biggrin:

I think a vernis clutch would go better with that dress maybe in Rose florentine, Gris, Amarante or Rouge Fauviste in the Sobe or Sunset BLVD...IMO the pattern of any Eva would compete/clash too much with the floral pattern on your dress!

...Out of all the Eva's IMO the mono is more versatile!

Attachments

• Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    60.2 KB · Views: 49
I do not think the Azur would match this dress at all...This is because the two colour schemes are totally off... Therefore, I would choose the mono. Mono matches pretty much anything, in my opinion, since i consider it to have more neutral tones and the canvas is pretty much "classic LV." I think it would look much better and definitely be more versatile! GL choosing! :biggrin:

I agree that the azur would not match the dress... for some reason the dress didnt load on my computer earlier so i didnt see it. My vote is definitely for mono now!

Thank you Layd, HeyChar and Heaven!

It's sort of easy for me to see the effect of mono and ebene on the dress because I have bags in those pattern. I don't have any azur yet unfortunately. I fully agree that a solid Vernis bag or even an epi Cassis one would go great with the dress. The wedding is not till July next year, I was just trying to plan ahead, maybe I'm planning way too much ahead :biggrin:

Hmmm...so now the question is should I still go for the Eva? I will definitely use it for Cancun, and for daily use I only carry the essentials. Oh no, this is getting confusing again.