Which Dooney Are You Carrying Today?

I’m in my wishlist 2024 Florentine RED Tulip Shopper today. Added my samba key charm I got during my outlet excursion few weeks ago… This weather is so unpredictable it was snowing a bit here yesterday and it’s cold. Damn near 70 last week. Mother Nature please stop playing with my emotions…View attachment 5968447
:faint: :loveeyes: Beautiful!
By the way, I watched your 7 bag haul video a few days ago. Congrats on scoring beautiful bags at a great price! :ghi5:

• Love
Reactions: mushroomNgrass
:faint: :loveeyes: Beautiful!
By the way, I watched your 7 bag haul video a few days ago. Congrats on scoring beautiful bags at a great price! :ghi5:
Thanks rue. It was snowing a bit today and looks like it might do so tonite so I wanted to see this red tulip in action. I’ve seen videos of dooneyaddict615 get her red tulip caught in the rain and she time lapsed it while it was drying. It was one of the main reasons I added it to my wishlist last year. Of course it is very stunning in red and I can see why red is your favorite. It’s my first red. Beautiful.

Thank you for watching. I was in awe at how she packaged everything and the condition of all the bags. She had another listing similar but it wasn’t as nice as the one I got. I really appreciate you checking me out and getting a glance at how the items are shipped

• Love
Reactions: RuedeNesle
Because of that outlet excursion video I’ve had several ladies shout me out and thank me. They called the outlet and some got that Ivy Hattie 🦄 factory wrapped and shipped to their door at the fabulous $209 clearance price. One lady got elephant. I was very happy they were able to get what they wanted. What kind o friend am I, if I don’t spread the news about great clearance deals? I paid more for my Ivy mini on Black Friday than the clearance price I got at the store.
Something told me to call them, and I’m so glad I listened

Because of that outlet excursion video I’ve had several ladies shout me out and thank me. They called the outlet and some got that Ivy Hattie 🦄 factory wrapped and shipped to their door at the fabulous $209 clearance price. One lady got elephant. I was very happy they were able to get what they wanted. What kind o friend am I, if I don’t spread the news about great clearance deals? I paid more for my Ivy mini on Black Friday than the clearance price I got at the store.
Something told me to call them, and I’m so glad I listened
Good friends share info on great sales on the bags we love.
I'm glad you were able to find some treasures at clearance prices
and thought enough about your fellow Dooney lovers to ask about
orders by phone. Not all outlets want to bother with phone orders
or will ship clearance items for phone orders. It's great to have 'on the ground'
info from someone who has been there recently. And even better
if they have checked out the bags first.

• Love
I’m in my wishlist 2024 Florentine RED Tulip Shopper today. Added my samba key charm I got during my outlet excursion few weeks ago… This weather is so unpredictable it was snowing a bit here yesterday and it’s cold. Damn near 70 last week. Mother Nature please stop playing with my emotions…View attachment 5968447
I hope your red Flo Tulip laughs at the weather.

• Love
The few flurries did no harm. I really like the tulip as a handbag. It’s small enough where it not overwhelming and big enough to fit everything I want, ipad11 pro included with plenty of room for a large hardback book, manual, or papers if needed. Fabulous carry. Fits nicely against the body. Love the strap drop. Anything less than this strap drop I don’t think I would like.
I tried the Amalie shoulder tote, the medium Russell on at the store and the xl Courtney while in my winter coat meh…. That east west shopper was great but too big as I won’t need a work bag

The few flurries did no harm. I really like the tulip as a handbag. It’s small enough where it not overwhelming and big enough to fit everything I want, ipad11 pro included with plenty of room for a large hardback book, manual, or papers if needed. Fabulous carry. Fits nicely against the body. Love the strap drop. Anything less than this strap drop I don’t think I would like.
I tried the Amalie shoulder tote, the medium Russell on at the store and the xl Courtney while in my winter coat meh…. That east west shopper was great but too big as I won’t need a work bag
Thanks for all the info. There are lots of details that make one handbag style
work really well (at least for some) and it's nice when someone takes the time
to share the facts and comparisons.

I like the Tulip shopper also, even tho I hand or arm carry. The handles are padded,
so it's comfortable and not so long as to make the bag drag to low (I'm short) or swing
(which makes a bag feel heavier). Flat shoulder straps or handles might work for some
for shoulder carry, but for arm or hand carry a padded handles work better for me.

I also find the size of the Tulip to be a great larger handbag size without
feeling like it's too much or too heavy. And the fact that the Tulip has a zip
top closure sets it apart from a lot of other shoppers or totes. Even if I'm not
in a crowded area, I prefer a zip top..... so when my handbag falls over (in the car)
I don't have to go hunting on the floor or under the seat to find missing treasures.

I'm generally not a fan of north/south handbags, but the wider open top on the Tulip
makes it easier to see what's inside, and the base isn't so small that the capacity
is limited. It has enough structure so I can find things, but the leather is soft
enough so it doesn't get in the way when I am looking for something.

I predict there will be other Florentine Tulip Shoppers in your future.
The red is a beauty. But some day you will come across another color
that you must own. 😁

• Love
LJ it’s really a great bag. Love the zipper closure, that I can leave open or zip shut, giving me the options. I really agree with you on the north/south bags. I’m finding that if the opening is wide enough, I enjoy the bag. The bucket style north/south works because of the wide base AND wide opening. The small Sloan is just too narrow at both ends, but I’m working with it, packing wise, so that it will work if I want to carry it.
I really LOVE the medium Hattie and I can see another color in my future, red, slate, salmon, and I would especially like the steel blue, if I can find one in my sweet spot price or at the store. I’ll be looking at the Mother’s Day sale with my fingers crossed

LJ it’s really a great bag. Love the zipper closure, that I can leave open or zip shut, giving me the options. I really agree with you on the north/south bags. I’m finding that if the opening is wide enough, I enjoy the bag. The bucket style north/south works because of the wide base AND wide opening. The small Sloan is just too narrow at both ends, but I’m working with it, packing wise, so that it will work if I want to carry it.
I really LOVE the medium Hattie and I can see another color in my future, red, slate, salmon, and I would especially like the steel blue, if I can find one in my sweet spot price or at the store. I’ll be looking at the Mother’s Day sale with my fingers crossed
Happy hunting. I have a salmon Flo wallet and a steel blue Flo wallet.
That cured me of my craving for these colors. Might just have been the dye lot
or pieces I got. The salmon was too bright and too 'plasticky' looking. The steel
blue looks too grey in my lighting (I wanted more blue).
If you can see the colors in person in the exact piece you are considering, then you
will know if the color/bag is for you.
I know that dye lots can vary and also SLGs are often not representative
of the handbags. All my red Flo SLGs are a wine color, while my red Flo handbags
are a beautiful true bright red. I just haven't been willing to take the plunge on the
steel blue handbag unless I can see it in person. All the online pics I see are
beautiful, and not at all like my wallet.

• Love
Gorgeous bag, MG! Love the design, color, everything!!

Moving into navy flo satchel before summer gets here. I purchased it last spring & still haven't carried it. I've been wonderfully stuck in the black Cooper (I do so adore those coopers). Navy doesn't even have a smile yet. Think I'll give it a once over with conditioner first.
She is beautiful. So smooth. You can really tell she is navy blue. Love her. Is this the small or medium?

• Thanks
Reactions: Lilybarb
She is beautiful. So smooth. You can really tell she is navy blue. Love her. Is this the small or medium?
Thank you. The medium. I took all the wrapping off last spring when it arrived & conditioned it but apparently it soaked it all right up, hence I'll recondition. You're right tho - the leather is smooth. I bought a chestnut at the same time - another I've not carried - & it's leather is even smoother. Dooney did me right.

Last edited:
Reactions: KiltyR45
MG, I keep going back to look at your tulip 🌷. It's just so pretty I can't stop looking at it! The saturation & color & leather are all so on point. Truly lovely! 😍

• Thanks