Which do you prefer, Signature or Leather?

I only own one of each. The only thing I can say about my signature is that it is lighter than my leather. As soon as I switch from my sig to my leather the first thing I notice is a little more weight, so if it's a week my back hurts etc, I'll probably favor the signature for that reason.

^BabySnowFlake^...ITA!!!

I have a good split between leather and siggy but two more siggy over the leather. I feel the same way about leather--a love/hate relationship over them--that they're lovely but much heavier than the siggy.

For me, I feel the value of the siggy is worth it because I tend to carry my siggys more often than my leathers when I go out. It seems that my body dictates what I wear and it overrides my brain's lust over leather every time.

Also, I started with darker leathers and black/black siggy but I seem to be warming up :sunshine: to khaki siggy. I know I am going against the grain because many TPF threads report khaki/siggy fatigue. I never owned one before and I used to find them too loud, but now that they flood the streets (even the fakes) I don't think they're as eyecatching anymore and I feel comfortable getting a few. In fact, I just got a 2007 Bleecker khaki siggy/bottle green wallet compact and it matches my brown leather trim siggy gallery tote. I love the bottle green colour but it's too extreme on a whole bag (just too much of the same dark green all over, IMHO) but it's gorgeous as a leather trim. I own two wallet compacts in Whiskey and Wine but it's nice to have a siggy to break up the monotony.

Also, I think I just love colour combinations and variety and siggy/leather just stimulates my optic nerves more and that's a good thing! :tup: I just love staring at the Cs as they march up and down my bag--like pollinator honeybees doing the 'shake dance' up and down the honeycomb to communicate to other bees where the flowers are located.

So, that's my take and I guess I have to admit that I prefer siggy due to its lighter weight and more colour combinations on a bag.

Take care,

Last edited:
I pretty much love both equally. I have leather and signature in my collection and it really depends on my mood at the time. It depends on the individual item as well. I dislike some bags in signature, but I also dislike other styles in leather.

There's already a few threads on this...but I'm really growing out of signature for some reason. I have no idea why! I'm dying for more leather lately and everytime I see sig I'm just like eh.

I only have one Coach (horrors!) and it's signature, but when I get a really nice Coach bag, it'll almost definitely be leather. I used to love the signature but I feel a rather pretentious carrying it around and it's so ubiquitous too.

I prefer leather pieces but I do have 1 signature duffle, 1 stripe tote and in the market for a Carly slim. To me a signature item is so classic Coach, it's what it's most identifiable and known for, so I did want to have one or two. I think it depends on the style of purse as well. Some look better in leather and others in siggy :smile: I particularly love the black/grey and denim sig stuff because the contrast is so striking.

I totally agree with Suzzeee. Leather all the way. I don't like to carry logo items.

But I have been eyeing the Signature Stripe Tote. Very cute. But I did see 4 different women with it when we were out last night :sad: