Which Chanel purchase(s) did you regret?

I regret buying a GST last year in blue. It was a whim purchase because I've always thought about buying a GST but kept delaying but it was definitely going to be discontinued and I scrammed to find one in any color and this was the last one in the store. The only complaint I had about this bag is how open it. I am seriously thinking about selling this piece as I've used it twice and felt very insecure with it being open.

My black mini flap lambskin with light gold hardware is one I do regret as my heart was set on buying the caviar with silver hardware. Don't get me wrong, the lambskin feels buttery soft and is luxurious feeling but I have to be careful with it. The last time I saw a black caviar mini was back in late Spring 2015 but the hardware was ruthenium, I wanted the silver hardware. I just bought my mini recently and am contemplating selling it.

My black mini flap lambskin with light gold hardware is one I do regret as my heart was set on buying the caviar with silver hardware. Don't get me wrong, the lambskin feels buttery soft and is luxurious feeling but I have to be careful with it. The last time I saw a black caviar mini was back in late Spring 2015 but the hardware was ruthenium, I wanted the silver hardware. I just bought my mini recently and am contemplating selling it.
I feel the same exact way as you, I bought my rect lambskin mini ghw, but I had my heart set on caviar shw, I purchased it in Nov 2015 and used it once [emoji20] . I'm selling mine too, big regret.

I was working with a SA at the time and kept in contact in a regular basis on when the mini would arrive. I waited 6 months for a mini and felt almost obligated to buy it as they had specially put it aside for me. Minis do not last long on the shelf and some are not even put on the shelf. Because I had waited so long, I got 1 out of 3 things I wanted: black (which I got), lambskin (caviar is what I wanted), silver hardware (light gold hardware wasn't too shiny unlike the classic gold hardware and felt it was ok compromise). I have an opportunity to buy a square mini but the issue is that it is lambskin and is a light delicate color. Gorgeous but not practical as color transfer will most definitely occur even if I wear light color clothing. I have another rectangular mini and it is in caviar which I reach for more as I don't have to worry so much. Sigh.........sometimes you get caught up in the moment that the rectangular mini is finally here and you end up buying it.

I was working with a SA at the time and kept in contact in a regular basis on when the mini would arrive. I waited 6 months for a mini and felt almost obligated to buy it as they had specially put it aside for me. Minis do not last long on the shelf and some are not even put on the shelf. Because I had waited so long, I got 1 out of 3 things I wanted: black (which I got), lambskin (caviar is what I wanted), silver hardware (light gold hardware wasn't too shiny unlike the classic gold hardware and felt it was ok compromise). I have an opportunity to buy a square mini but the issue is that it is lambskin and is a light delicate color. Gorgeous but not practical as color transfer will most definitely occur even if I wear light color clothing. I have another rectangular mini and it is in caviar which I reach for more as I don't have to worry so much. Sigh.........sometimes you get caught up in the moment that the rectangular mini is finally here and you end up buying it.
Wow. It's really very useful advise to wait for the bag that you have always wanted.

Wow. It's really very useful advise to wait for the bag that you have always wanted.
The black caviar mini with silver hardware may take awhile until it appears in the upcoming collection so I don't know how long I will be waiting. I am still debating on whether to sell my black lambskin mini with light gold hardware as it took a bit of effort to secure one.

I splurged on a square mini and it's so functional! :smile:
Do you also own a rectangular mini? I am asking bc I love my minis, I find them so useful on vacations when strolling around the city, but I only have them in rect, was wondering if theres anything particular functional about the square ones as I have been contemplating on getting some square ones as well? thanks.

My WOC bc the chain strap is too long for me - hit way below my hips on the shoulder and still long even when crossbody. Don't regret selling it at all!! WOC and rectangular mini's are the same problem for me - way too long. Holding out for the perfect square mini [emoji7]

regrets...I've had a few...a dark blue jumbo that I didn't realize was really, really similar to my black maxi (it is still in the box after two years!), a powder blue "bowling bag" which is cute but not entirely wearable too often, black CC flats (not ballet) that have elastic drawstrings that look like platypus feet on me and
a pair of Chanel heels with chunky "CC's" made of metal and embedded in the middle of the leather on the heels-not sure why I didn'tt realize when I purchase them, but they are a size too big for me. Time to sell, perhaps...but I'm kinda still attached to the regrets...they are part of the Chanel family, after all.

Do you also own a rectangular mini? I am asking bc I love my minis, I find them so useful on vacations when strolling around the city, but I only have them in rect, was wondering if theres anything particular functional about the square ones as I have been contemplating on getting some square ones as well? thanks.

Hi
Chase Amie has done a comparison video on you tube. She compares the rectangular and the square minis and also the square mini and the woc; both are great videos. Hope that helps you :smile:

I've recently gotten into designer bags and started with a preloved bag. I'd always wanted a Cambon Ligne tote, so that was my first Chanel purchase on eBay. The bag is lovely and in great shape, but I don't use it as much as I thought. So after 5 months of minimal use I will be selling it