Which BV in the rain?

I don't consider myself someone who babies her bags, and I'm not neurotic about keeping things new, but I do avoid using any of my expensive handbags in rain when I can get away with using a casual nylon tote. Part of the reason for this is that I fear having any leather dye bleed while wet and cause a stain on lighter clothing (this happened to someone here, if I recall correctly, with a cobalt bag (SS 2009, I think). The other reason is that I figure that I don't need to carry a designer bag on every single occasion, and so I give my BVs and other high-end bags a break on bad weather days.

If I need to dress for a certain occasion and want to use one of my BVs, I use an umbrella, for sure--especially if it's my karung Stretch Knot that was a tPF SO. It's irreplaceable.

I don't worry about any of my BV in rain except the python tote (I carry a plastic bag inside that, just in case).

I had a bottle of water open out in my (then brand new) Cervo Hobo. With a little intermittent help from pure leather cream where the weave shrunk after drying, was absolutely fine, literally good as new. No downpour could be more torrential than that.

Thanks so much for umbrella recommendations, like the OP my Totes mini got lost and have never found a lighter, smaller, hardier umbrella than that so I'll look up the suggestions on here

Glad to know the outside will be fine caught in rain. But how about the suede lining? Will it dry no problem if let's say I spill water inside? (I bring bottled water everyday)

Glad to know the outside will be fine caught in rain. But how about the suede lining? Will it dry no problem if let's say I spill water inside? (I bring bottled water everyday)

Should dry no problem. Might be a it stiff so a suede brush will soften out any stiffness. I've spilled water in my BVs on several occasions and never had a problem.

I have never had a problem with BV in the rain. If it is pouring I do put it in plastic.
I did have a bottle of water open in my bag. I just let it dry naturally away from heat and sunlight. Everything was fine even my make up case and other SLG.

Well, in our part of the world you don't get many rainy days a year, so not a big deal with the rain, but i do on a regular basis quick washing to my light-coloured Sloane, tap water, mild soap (foam) and spondge if i need to refresh the corners or remove denim colour transfer. No issues at all, i just let it dry naturally and it looks again as good as new.