Which body lotion for very dry skin ?

My go-to combo now is to really exfoliate my skin with Dermastone and use Cerave right after and I feel like a snake that just shed off old, dry skin. LOL.

Cheap and super effective!

I recommend using oils directly out of the shower and not a lotion if you have dry skin. I make a mix of sweet almond, jojoba, coconut, avocado, vitamin E oils and shea butter but you can make your own. You can also leave out the shea butter if you don't like the scent. There are tons of recipes on youtube. Don't fear it leaving your skin feeling greasy, it won't. If you do it fresh out the shower while your skin is still damp, your skin will absorb the oil and not feel greasy at all. I've found that the key to not having dry skin is getting that moisture in while your skin is still damp.
I make my own oil combinations but they are more simple than hers. Usually I will mix jojoba oil with apricot or avocado oil. I also like using virgin refined coconut oil but I have to put it in hot water to get it to liquefy before I shower. I turn off the shower, apply the oil to my arms and legs and then get out of the shower. My dog is always waiting to take a few licks of oil off my feet, Then I pat my skin dry with my towel. This is very moisturizing, very inexpensive and there is no scent.

+1
Another thing that is very important, put it on before you fully dry your legs. You can use most any lotion as long as you leave the legs damp from shower(like blot dry) and then apply before fully drying yourself. Seals in the most moisture and if you have issues with dry skin. That is what I do in winter when the air is so dry and my skin gets a little dry.

The best cream to use on your skin is called eucerin non- scented cream. It is in a jar found at target, Walmart, ect. A very nice thick cream and not a thin lotion. Also Josie Marin's non-scented whipped cream out of the jar made from argon oil. It is not greasy, but soothing and will heal extremely dry skin. Offered from Qvc and I just saw it at ulta. You will receive a very large jar at a great price. Your skin is the largest organ of the body and needs to be cared for daily : D

CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion or Cream It's cheap and works really well at providing a skin barrier against moisture loss. My dermatologist recommended it several years ago and we have been using ever since. Great for eczema-prone skin.

Thanks again, Minty Tea :smile:
I tried it during vacation and I really love it ! Of course I bought a back up

I really like aerosol lotion, does anyone have any recommendations for a good brand? All I've seen in the drugstore is Vaseline brand and I got the green bottle with Aloe in it, but I think I need something better quality and more hydrating. I just really love the convenience of a spray!!

Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion. It has worked better than any cream, it even works for feet. Gets rid of eczema, dry bumps, scales, itchy skin. Scent is light and doesn't bother me. I really love it.

Reactions: HRM