Which bag should I take??

I would take both:graucho: You could easily pack Miss Ev and carry Miss K. But if you want to have your hands free...obviously it is best to wear Ev. I agree that it would be wonderful to wear your Kelly in Berlin and I think that if you don't take it you will be kicking yourself. In a sophisticated city like Berlin your bag will be well appreciated especially when you go out for dinner. Are you planning any dressy evenings? As far as sticky fingers are concerned, you can always use the Meltonian to polish off the goo.

Yup, that's what I'll do: Evelyne for travel and Kelly will travel in her dustbag as a carry on in my trusted Longchamp Pliage. Since I have to check my luggage anyway, it doesn't really matter what I put in my carry-on (normally I economize like crazy because I hate checking my luggage but this time it's a longer trip plus I'll bring back stuff from Germany, so checking in is useful for once).
Thanks all!!

Yup, that's what I'll do: Evelyne for travel and Kelly will travel in her dustbag as a carry on in my trusted Longchamp Pliage. Since I have to check my luggage anyway, it doesn't really matter what I put in my carry-on (normally I economize like crazy because I hate checking my luggage but this time it's a longer trip plus I'll bring back stuff from Germany, so checking in is useful for once).
Thanks all!!

Perfect! I bascially did the same thing when I went to Chicago. Checked luggage, but had a carryon where I put the things I was paranoid about... Drag Chevre and Chanel jacket:yes: I thought about doing the Pilage also and putting the bag inside it, but decided to use a Loro Piana tote for everyday instead. Decided I would contain my Hermes to just the Drag for going out. Worked out great. Have a wonderful time!

HermesLady, I have the one that's 44 cms long. It's a truly great bag, I get A LOT of use out of it and it is my standard-carry on for weekend trips. I think gina_b has the one that's one size bigger for her Birkin.
I love the Longchamp Pliage. It's elegant, EXTREMELY functional, and when it gets dirty you stick it in the washer.

one little idea regarding the pliage - you can put a bag with a strap inside the bag and then use the long strap out through the sides of the top of the pliage and wear the pliage messenger style - I've done it with herbag strap and pliage - you could probably do it with the kelly strap - if it's not too heavy then the top of the pliage will not come open (I haven't tried it with anything but the herbag inside with stuff in it)

Hi Hi .... I would choose the Evelyne.

Reasons being:-
- There would be multiple passports, boarding passes, arrival cards ... much easier to drop them into Evelyne and dip into Evelyne at the various check points. Considering that you have small children in tow and need to hold their hands perhaps?

- Not the Kelly because chances are, you will need to use the shoulder strap full time, with kids in tow.

mrssparkles, i totally agree with you!
hello, take your evelyne... be hands free...and have a great time!
:noworry: :noworry: :noworry: :noworry: :noworry:

I'd take the Kelly with the shoulder strap on aned use that strap whenever necessary, perhaps even messenger style (I just did this with mine while carrying groceries with both hands and it was very easy, really made me respect the Kelly a lot more than before). On the plane you can put the Kelly in a pliage if you want.
I wouldn't bother with two Hermes bags because you can only carry one at a time, and then you' d have to worry about where to keep the other one. Since the kids are not yours... I think you can get away with the Kelly and you'd be happier style-wise in Berlin with it.

HermesLady, I have the one that's 44 cms long. It's a truly great bag, I get A LOT of use out of it and it is my standard-carry on for weekend trips. I think gina_b has the one that's one size bigger for her Birkin.
I love the Longchamp Pliage. It's elegant, EXTREMELY functional, and when it gets dirty you stick it in the washer.

Thank you so much ! I just went on the Longchamp website and had one custom made for me ! Picked out the size, handle length, color, center stripe ( of course I picked orange for Hermes inside !) And had my name embroidered too ! How exciting !

Thanks so much for starting this thread, this is just what I've been looking for. :heart: