Which bag should I bring?

OK. This is a Floridian adding her viewpoint. For Disney, the Conrad crossbody - especially when you go on rides. For hauling stuff, I would just do the tourist thing and buy a cheap, fun, bright tote when you get here. For most of all the rest of your junketing - beach, sightseeing, eating out - where you need to tote for all the family - I would recommend the khaki patent Corc. The KP is a great color and leather finish to handle all mess-ups, including any suntan lotion spills.

Jenni is right about Spring rain daily in Florida during March. But, the good news is that the rain generally is an afternoon shower that arrives promptly around 3:30. Rarely lasts long. Now, April is another matter. That can be day-long sprinkles while the sun remains shining -and plenty of rainbows. Anyway, you will want to make sure your regular HH leather is well sprayed & protected.

I don't think you're going to have to worry about rain at the end of March.....lots of wind but that's usually in the dry season. This year has been unusual though but I'd still be surprised if you get much rain then.

snap RmMC! We don't get much if any rain in March in these parts, we're 2 hours down I-4 from Orlando. The "rainy season" starts more in June and it's torrential!

LOL The only time I'm ever in Florida it's Daytona Beach :sad: in early to mid June, grading AP essays, and it's torrential baby tropical storms day in and out. At some point I've GOT to see more of the sunshine state than a strip of Nascar and motorcycle shops.

Thank you all so much!!! I am really excited to get my new Corc. I fell in love with it (and the BP) in Chicago and am really glad I decided to buy it. And of course, my Sir Conrad rocks my world!

I have a bunch of EnviroSax tote bags that I'll tuck in my bags for the beach, etc.

Do any of you know how long the crossbody strap on the Sloane is??

Sloane has a LONG crossbody strap. At least equal to Conrad I think...I can have my mom double check if you want (she has both). :smile: Sorry I have no more advice, but it sounds like KP Corc and Conrad are both good options!

Jenni - Would you believe that we are road tripping it down there from WI? I may need therapy.

I remember when we were kids and road tripped to FL.

...All I'm sayin' is, "If you have a station wagon, don't put one kid in the middle and others in the far back, stop at McDonalds, get milkshakes, ones in the back put theirs in the compartments they have for beverages, mom stops suddenly cuz someone is cutting her off, milkshakes go flying over the poor, misunderstood one in the middle section, pmo is covered in sticky, icky milkshake, mom decides best way to get pmo cleaned up is to let her stand out in freezing, cold rain".

Just sayin'

...someone's going to need therapy!!! :nuts:

Last edited:
I'm just going to echo what everyone else is saying.

Well sprayed Conrad & BP Corc.

DH & I drove down to panhandle florida a couple of times. It's actually not that bad of a drive. Make sure you've got some great tunes for southern Illinois. It's the most boring straight part of the drive. Nothing, Nothing, Nothing.... Giant CROSS..... nothing nothing nothing... kentucky. LOL

You guys are too funny! Thankfully the L's are well schooled on all things road trip. I pack them each a bag of "stuff." Little games, books, dollar toys from Target, coloring books, etc. We always have the DVD player going and the iPod fully stocked with podcasts, music, movies and books. We are hoping to find a few great road side stops for some cheezy photo ops of course.

My KP Corc came today and all I can think of saying is...

"Where has this bag been all of my life???"

OMG!! I must get the BP Corc asap!