Where to shop for business casual and business?

Filene's Basement, Nordstrom Rack for the off season designers.

Benetton and Armani is one of my favorite suit place especially when on sale!

I still try to look for "made in Italy" because I hate "made in China"... which I usually put right back on the rack when I see the label.

I love Banana Republic/Jcrew for suits and Ann Taylor/Loft for tops. H&M, benneton, Mexx, or Club Monco would also be worth a look. As would Nordstrom since they have a lot of suiting at all price ranges and all are decent quality.

I'll second (or tenth, hah hah) Ann Taylor Loft. I have tons of work clothes from there! The quality and fit are both excellent, and they have awesome sales.

Also, I never thought I'd say this, but I'm starting to love Talbots... They have great-fitting clothes that make great "basics" and accent pieces. And like ATL, they also have great sales.

I have to disagree with the Ann Taylor suggestions, but only because my style is a little more fitted and flashy than what I've found in their stores.

Just personal preference ... no offense intended.

I prefer H&M; you would be surprised at the great selection for suits--the materials aren't made to last forever, but the cuts are so much more young and stylish ... and for a great price!

My favorite designers are Theory and Dana Buchman. Theory has some nice outlets around the states, and I've found two Dana Buchman suits for over 70% off at Marshall Fields (ante-Macy's) and NM.com, respectively.

I've learned to always keep my eyes open and buy a suit when it fits well for a good price ... it sucks to be running around looking for a nice black suit hte day before you need it. My favorite black suit is a pencil skirt and fitted jacket from H&M.

I also like J.Crew and BR, but only at a steal on Ebay; otherwise, I consider the product overpriced for the level of quality and cut.

And if you're not too picky, Isaac Mizrahi at Target has some REALLY affordable and decent suits, although the cut is a bit more matronly than, say Theory.

HTH!!

Hi... I suggest H&M, Express, Limited, and you will definitely find some nice pieces in Macy's on sale. Also try Filene's Basement, Daffy's or Loehmans for designer pieces at discount. Hope this helps

I buy most of my work clothes from AT and AT Loft. It works especially well for me because I'm short (5'0") and I rarely find petites that fit without alteration except AT. I've bought a couple Anne Klein suits from Macys I like too but I had to alter the pants even though they are petite.

I started out with buying business casual at Ann Taylor and AT Loft. The sales and the coupons that go along with them make them a great place to frequently. Lately, the selection and quality kind of went down at both places, while the prices went up. And at the AT near me, a lot of sales items became final sale.

I've never like Banana Republic, mostly b/c the quality doesn't justify the price. Several of my colleagues and I had items come apart after two handwashes, so no more BR.

Express and the Limited have some great selection. And Nordstrom's and Macy's. And dig even harder at Marshall's and TJMaxx. I'm now a frequenter of Lord and Taylor's, because after the coupons and the deals, the quality can't be beat.

I've bought some good pieces at Zara two seasons ago, but most of their clothes are bit more edgy and flashy more often than not, so not too suitable for offices that are ultaconservative.

I agree with the BCBG and Ann Taylor votes. Only during sales though, because I do find they are overpriced for the quality, the only nonsale suits and business stuff I buy are Theory and Armani. Thumbs down for Banana Republic, their sales are only like 10% off, and I don't think their quality is worth their price, even if they do seem comparatively cheap. You get what you pay for sometimes.