Where to place bag when in restaurant?

A lot of fancy restaurants provide their customers with a special "bag chairs" nowadays. But I feel quite comfortable to ask for an extra chair for my bag if there's no such a thing. Moreover - a lot of restaurants put 4 chairs to the table for two which definitely doesn't make it a table for for - so I usually occupy one of those tables - the other two chairs can be used to put your bag on for you and your companion:smile:

I always request to be seated in a booth ... that way my purse sits right next to me. I never place my bags on the floor ... not even in my house!

And if I know I'll be in a crowded place (restaurants, parties ... etc) then I just bring a clutch or a small purse.

Whoops ~ looks like I am one of the few that throws mine on the floor. I don't "baby" my bags ~ and don't carry that type when I know I am going to a place like that. You can keep better track of it when it's on the floor (between your legs, actually). Better dirty than gone!

I NEVER, NEVER put my bags on the floor on public spaces, even if they're not designer bags..
When I'm at the restaurant, I place my bag on an empty chair near me and I constantly turn around to make sure it's still there..LOL!! If there's no empty chair, I pray that there are corners on my chair where I can hook my bag..if I find them, I place my bag on the corner and I cover it with my coat. If there are no corners on the chair or no empty chairs, I put it behind me in the back of my seat or I place it on my lap.

Whoops ~ looks like I am one of the few that throws mine on the floor. I don't "baby" my bags ~ and don't carry that type when I know I am going to a place like that. You can keep better track of it when it's on the floor (between your legs, actually). Better dirty than gone!

Yeah, I agree. I take good care of my bags, but I try not to get too crazy about it.

I bought mine at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Aren't they awesome? Except now I'm a little hesitant to use mine after another tPFer mentioned they're a purse snatchers best friend.
My daughter bought me a LUXE LINK for my bags. You place the circular top on table and hook link underneath table and place bag. Mine is a rose color with my initial. I own the trevi PM and a neo cabby GM and this works beautiful. WWW.LUXELINK.COM

Congratulations on your new babies!!!!!!

Never on the floor; always on a chair or next to me (in a booth). It has nothing to do with the bag, but the fact that I don't want those germs on my bag. The bag that will inevitably end up on my bed, my couch, my car seat, the bag that I touch with my hands. I wouldn't put my cardigan on the floor, or touch the floor, so anything that comes in contact with my hands or body can't touch the floor either.

I completely agree. They are bags after all, and personally, it just takes too much time and effort to baby them.

My daughter bought me a LUXE LINK for my bags. You place the circular top on table and hook link underneath table and place bag. Mine is a rose color with my initial. I own the trevi PM and a neo cabby GM and this works beautiful. WWW.LUXELINK.COM

Congratulations on your new babies!!!!!!

Does anyone know how these compare to the "Purse Hook" ? I bought mine at Bed,Bath and Beyond but it doesn't always work with all purses/tables. For example, my Speedy 30 - only 1 handle fits on it and then I worry that I'm putting too much strain on that one handle, if that makes sense? I do not like putting my bag on the floor, so if the purse hook doesn't work, then I use an extra chair. If that's not available, then lap for a small bag, or I balance it between my calves resting on my feet if I have to.

Never on the floor; always on a chair or next to me (in a booth). It has nothing to do with the bag, but the fact that I don't want those germs on my bag. The bag that will inevitably end up on my bed, my couch, my car seat, the bag that I touch with my hands. I wouldn't put my cardigan on the floor, or touch the floor, so anything that comes in contact with my hands or body can't touch the floor either.

I totally agree! Whether it's designer or not, I just don't like the fact that it touches the germs or whatever's been on the floor. I'm not a germaphobic but I don't like my stuff on floors LOL.