Where do you put your bag in a restaurant

I hang them on my chair back, which is why I have a strap on every bag I carry.

I won't hang my bag behind my chair because who know anyone will steal it or probably the person behind (if there's another table behind me) me accidentally will dirty my bag with food/drinks. 🙄

I always will ask for an extra chair from the restaurant to put my bag. Otherwise, I will ask for slightly more spacious sitting area. If the restaurant is really overly crowded or the sitting layout is too cramp then I won't dine in that restaurant as I don't want to risk getting my bag dirty! 😅

Hey everyone,

Where do you guys put your LV bag when you're in a restaurant? If I'm wearing a small bag, I put it on the table. I don't like to put my bags on the floor, but with larger bags, I don't know what else to do with it.

Anywhere but the floor. Right behind me where I sit on the chair, on another chair, on the table, on the table beside me if there're no diners sitting there, on my lap.

There's something really curious me. 🤔

I saw many Western people don't mind to put their bags and grocery bags on the floor. Why? 😅 Aren't they afraid the floor is dirty or there's a splitting/saliva? 😳

This is the order in where I put my bags when available:

1) In its own chair next to me.
2) Hanging on the chair I'm sitting in.
3) Behind my back, in my chair.
4) On my lap.
5) Last resort, on the floor when all other options are not available.

At restaurants, the tables are meant for eating and putting a bag on the table is taking away space for food and drinks especially when the table is already small. Me putting my purse on the table is never an option for me.

There's something really curious me. 🤔

I saw many Western people don't mind to put their bags and grocery bags on the floor. Why? 😅 Aren't they afraid the floor is dirty or there's a splitting/saliva? 😳

Who are these people that you saw?? lol. I live in America and lived here all my life and I think I can count on one hand how many times I saw someone put their bag on the floor. Even the cheap bags from the mass market stores aren't usually put on the floor.

The grocery bags (I'm assuming you are referring to the re-usable ones) I can see being on the floor; I've done it myself. A lot grocery items are packaged in some way so that would cut down on getting dirtied. These type of bags should be washed/laundered regularly for sanitary reasons as well.

Who are these people that you saw?? lol. I live in America and lived here all my life and I think I can count on one hand how many times I saw someone put their bag on the floor. Even the cheap bags from the mass market stores aren't usually put on the floor.

The grocery bags (I'm assuming you are referring to the re-usable ones) I can see being on the floor; I've done it myself. A lot grocery items are packaged in some way so that would cut down on getting dirtied. These type of bags should be washed/laundered regularly for sanitary reasons as well.

I don't know these people personally. I saw them doing that on the street. The grocery bags are not re-usable. They're those plastic bags from supermarket. 😅

Thanks for the answers.

When I'm having lunch I usually hang my bag on a chair or put it in a chair next to me. But when having dinner in a fancy restaurant, there are no spare chairs and, in my country, it's "not done" to hang your purse on a chair in those restaurants. Then I usually put the bag on the floor, but I don't like to do that. It's not about babying my bag, but like some others, I always think about what could be on the floor (you don't know what people who have walked through the restaurant, have stepped into on the sidewalk).
I was thinking about buying a bag hook, but I guess that's only an option for very small bags.

Slightly OT but I hate when people put their bag on the floor in the tube. It's exactly where everyone else puts their feet! I have seen some people put a newspaper down and then put their bag on top of their newspaper. I personally always keep my bag on my lap on the tube.

My purse is either on a chair, on the booth beside me, or on the table. I never hang it on the back of my chair for obvious reasons and it never goes to the floor. Not only is the floor unimaginably disgusting (and whatever would be on the bottom of my bag is now in my car, on my kitchen counter, and in my bed) but I live in a high tourism city and have literally seen thieves crawl on the floor, under chairs, to get to a purse under the guise of picking up some money or whatever they 'accidentally dropped'. Heck, there are even parents who are training their kids to either grab purses or root through them for valuables because children are assumed to be innocent, thus people drop their guard, and are less noticeable when they reach underneath or behind.