Where do you put your bag in a restaurant

jennifer-j

O.G.
Oct 6, 2007
Hey everyone,

Where do you guys put your LV bag when you're in a restaurant? If I'm wearing a small bag, I put it on the table. I don't like to put my bags on the floor, but with larger bags, I don't know what else to do with it.

Hey everyone,

Where do you guys put your LV bag when you're in a restaurant? If I'm wearing a small bag, I put it on the table. I don't like to put my bags on the floor, but with larger bags, I don't know what else to do with it.

I hang them on my chair back, which is why I have a strap on every bag I carry.

One thing I do if the above ideas are not an option is i place my bag behind me in the chair I am sitting and then of course I do not sit back and squash it- of course this only works with small to medium bags

If it has a strap, I hang it on my chair back. If it's a slim clutch, it may fit behind me or beside me in the chair. Of course if there's an extra chair, that's ideal. I prefer not to put my bag, regardless of how small, on the table. I'd be worried of something getting spilled on it, even if it's just water and it doesn't seem proper. I never put my bag on the floor.

I never ever put my bags on the floor. I either put it on an empty chair or put it behind me in the chair I'm sitting as I always just sit in the front half of the chair... I don't hang the bag on the chair as I've seen many people doing so and the bag ends up falling on the floor while the owner didn't even notice...:nogood:

recently i was wearing my crossbody (bloomsbury) and i didn't want it to slip off the back of the chair so at first i kept it on me ( awkward) and then placed it in my lap under the napkin. still not the best solution. would love to hear a better idea. i too am not to eager to put my purse on the back of my chair but also don't want to put it on the floor. the clipa is great for a shorter handle. the best idea is an extra chair i guess.

Always behind me on my chair, or on my lap under a napkin. I only carry small-medium sized bags so it's quite easy & I don't have to worry about them being bumped into or stolen.

Small bag on my lap.

Larger bag on the seat behind my bum, on another seat next to me and scooted under the table to keep it out of the way, or on the booth next to me. Never behind my chair because it'll be in the way and out of my sight.

If there's room and I have a bag with short handles, I can also use my bag hook.

If it's a bar, most bars now have hooks under the bar for bags, some fancier ones provide a stool for your bag too. If it's on a stool, then I put the stool between me and whomever I'm dining with to make sure no one else will "accidentally" take it.