Where do you get your bags repaired?

Does anyone know if these leather repair shops also stitch the cloth inside portion of the bags? I sent my chanel wallet on chain for a full color restoration to lovin my bags and they said they will also repair anything that needs fixed. The bag came back but the inside wasn't even touched. I paid over 300 bucks to have just the leather cleaned on a wallet size bag? I wasn't sure if anyone also went through this. Thanks!!

Hi
I had a Bottega Veneta Knot Clutch which was lying safe in my cupboard. Yesterday, I took it out to carry it to a party and to my surprise the knot clasp came off.
I am just so distressed as I dont know what to do next.
I love my clutch. Please guide me as to what to do about this.
Thanks a lot.

Hi
I had a Bottega Veneta Knot Clutch which was lying safe in my cupboard. Yesterday, I took it out to carry it to a party and to my surprise the knot clasp came off.
I am just so distressed as I dont know what to do next.
I love my clutch. Please guide me as to what to do about this.
Thanks a lot.

Hi and welcome, I'm so sorry about this. The positive note is that BV has great repair service, please ask bout this in the BV forum here: http://forum.purseblog.com/bottega-veneta/

Hope it works out.

Cordwainersnyc.com has become my go-to repair shop. They are located on Astoria Blvd in Queens, but have a convenient pick up service. Richard, formerly of Leather Spa did remarkable restoration on a vintage Bottega Veneta cross body bag. I contacted Bottega directly for zipper replacement and some gentle polishing. They needed 6 - 8 weeks! Cordwainers did a beautiful job and had it ready in a few days. I highly recommend this shop for all repairs. They also replace straps and trim on Louis Vuitton.:smile:

Reactions: Kimmykim
I have taken bags into Chanel and Hermes for repair and spa treatment. Have had very good experience with them, especially Chanel.

I have to say, the older I get (and the more money I spend on bags) the more I value brands that stand behind their products (no time limit and such). It is almost worthwhile to spend more on these brands because you can keep them forever.

I have also used the Leather Spa in NYC for many of my bags - they do excellent work (I believe YSL sends their bags to them).

Any idea how much Chanel charges?

Does anyone know if I can get a replacement fastener for a Salvatore Ferragamo gancini hobo bag that is really scratched. I don't think there is any where in Australia that repairs SF's but I'd love to be told I'm wrong so I'm wondering if they would ship one? Couldn't find anything on the SF forum.

In southern California, Anthony's Shoe Repair in Solana Beach (858) 259-2023. They deconstructed an Alexander Wang Morgan bag with piping that was worn through, replaced the piping & put it all back together again. They are not ridiculously priced either.

Reactions: Kimmykim
I bought the MADISON SMALL MADELINE EAST/WEST SATCHEL IN GATHERED TWIST LEATHER in tear rose (basically pink) but was somewhat bothered by the fact that the purse looks very asymmetrical. Not only do the waves on one side come in significantly smaller waves than the other side, but the surface of that side caves in a bit while the other side sticks out more. Does this sound like a defect? One coach associate told me that there are natural variations to each bag, and I would assume that Coach controls the quality of their bag pretty well. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Any idea how much Chanel charges?
It depends on what you need done to the bag. I recently called the Chanel shop in Bal Harbour (its the closest to me) and the young woman who I spoke to answered all my questions and gave me prices to specific services they offer. I only remember cost of replacing the piping on a Cerf bag $250.00, which is what I needed done.