Where do you get your bags repaired?

I could not find a thread, so I figured I would ask.

When your hand bags are in need of repair, (or just to freshen them up) where do you take them?

Back to the original company and send them to the "spa"?

I have no idea how many designers do this, aside from Coach and LV so please let me know if there are others.

Or do you go somewhere local to a leather and shoe shop for repair and reconditioning?

Or.. do you guys do it yourself as much as you can?

Thanks!
I'm very new to this but has anyone every repaired the caves in a sac plot from LV n how much was it please let me know thank you

When your hand bags are in need of repair, (or just to freshen them up) where do you take them?

I have no idea how many designers do this, aside from Coach and LV so please let me know if there are others.

Or do you go somewhere local to a leather and shoe shop for repair and reconditioning?

Thanks!
I actually had this issue a while ago with one of my favorite leather bags and found this blog post from TheHookUp.com SUPER helpful. It gives you step-by-step tips on how to clean your bag.

http://thehookup.com/blog/tips-for-taking-care-of-your-leather-bag-540

The site (and blog) also has tons of great fashion advice if you're looking for that.

Hope this helps!
Anna

Hi, Has anyone had a hole repaired in an LV monogram, neverful? LV won't do it, because
they would have to replace the entire side panel. I'm in NYC and would appreciate any suggestions. I'm even thinking of having my initials applied over the hole. The hole is about 1/2" round.:biggrin:

If the item'sbrand store can not repair my item , I use http://www.felbert.co/in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. They are great, but their turnsaround times are not instant. For small or time sensitive repairs I use Kaner'sHandbags & Shoe Repair, in Toronto. A Gucci SA recommended Kaner'sto repair the loose stitching on my belt.

I have taken my handbags to a great shoe and handbag repair shop, their called Cordwainers NYC. My white dirty (I thought ruined) Coach bag came out like new. They have a website and do free pick up and delivery. www.cordwainersnyc.com
Ooh! I will have to try them. Have used Leather Spa for years and am happy with their results! They are just quite expensive and have a long turn around time.

Thanks!
One of the best places is at The Leather Spa in Manhattan.

I bought a bag that I have not used. It has a sticky zipper. I am on the fence about whether to send it back ( not used, tags are on it) or keep it. I really like the bag otherwise. It is not high end. It is an Eric Javits squishee satchel in black with black patent trim. Should I take it somewhere? If so, where? Neiman's? A leather or luggage repair place?
I saw rubbing a white candle or clear chapstick on it suggested in some older posts on here. What would you folks do? I like the bag but I cannot live with the zipper like this even if I did get a decent price on it from NM Last Call.

This is my second one. The first I got I returned because it was scuffed up and scratched. I could not believe it was sent out that way. . I am wondering if it was that way because that one had a sticky zipper too. Perhaps someone struggled with it and marred the bag in the process.

Last edited: