Where did you/would you like to get married?

LOL oops I just went back and read through the whole thread. I thought the question was when you were going to get married!

I am going to get married at Seville Golf and Country club in AZ. We looked at the Royal Palms Hotel and the Scottsdale Fairmont Princess. We were also looking into the Montage Resort in Laguna Beach.

Once we toured Seville, though, we both fell in love with the Mediterranean architecture and all of the Tuscan features (lots of stone and rock, etc). It is so gorgeous and the wedding coordinator there is super sweet:smile:

If I get married and if it's to the SO I currently have, I'd probably want to get that done at City Hall. I know it sounds pretty mundane and un-romantic, but I want to put the money toward a new home and have an out-all-awesome wedding receiption for the 50th anniversary wedding renewal or something.

Yah, I'm weird.

I got married at Lovely Lane Chapel in St Simons Island, GA

chapelds.jpg

BagLady14 said:
We got married in Las Vegas at the Chapel of Love on the strip.

We got married in Vegas too, I took leave from the military and we flew there and stayed at the holiday inn right on the strip and went to the chapel across the street. It was surprising very elegant, they even took us in a limo to go get the marriage license from the 24hr courthouse (since we forgot the marriage license) and they took tons of pics even gave us cake and champaine. We plan to renew our vows in the future in order to have our small family there. We had a ball in Vegas, I would love to go back.

We got married in Palos Verdes, California, where I grew up. It was perfect California weather and a beautiful view of the coast to match!

My dream location would be on the sandy beaches of Hawaii...sigh.

kathyrose said:
I would love to get married in Maui. I just got back from more than a week there and absolutely love it. I really wish I could live there.

kathyrose, I could not agree with you more...I spent a week there last fall, and could have stayed forever! It's so beautiful, even though it has gotten built up over the last several years.

I could buy a house in the Kapalua area and just live there forever. Of course, to afford a home there would mean giving up my shoe and bag obsessions..so maybe not!

Maui would be my first pick for dream wedding location...either that, or Lanikai Beach on Oahu!

La Vanguardia said:
I got married in Luzern, Switzerland. Since most of my friends and family come from abroad, Luzern is the perfect place!!! It's very picturesque, with the Swiss Alps in the background, a beautiful lake, and a gorgeous old town. It was really the best day ever!

Love Luzern! :yes: We spent a week there during our honeymoon. :smile:

We got married at the Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Canada which is a gorgeous ski resort town - LOVED it!! It's nestled in the Rocky Mountains, so very pretty!

Attachments

• BSH.jpg
    BSH.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 39
My dreams are:

1. Lake Tahoe in the winter to have a winter wonderland wedding
2. On the beach somewhere nice in Monterey CA
3. At a older church in Providence where I drove by and was like OMG that was sooo pretty

We got married in the Chapel at the Riviera in Las Vegas in 1996. It was lovely, my best friend was my maid of honor and both our parents were there. Had a great minister and it was beautiful. Spent five days at the Mirage. Put the $$$ we saved on the big wedding reception into our 3700 SF dream home we built and moved into the month after we got back from our wedding/honeymoon.

We got married in our local catholic church. i would've preferred a small tropical wedding, but mom said i "had to" have a big wedding with all the trimmings since i'm the only girl and she didn't have a big wedding.