When you see a beat-up LV.....

I consider the well-worn (NOT ratty) look of Louis Vuitton pieces to be a patina of sorts. I've seen so many bags that are clearly used, but there is just something special about how gracefully LV bags seem to age.

Uummmmm...I think that my petite bucket may be heading down the beat-up path...I've had it since college, and since it was my first LV it got (and still gets) a LOT of use. I guess when I see an old Louis I think that it has had a fun life, and that looking "worn in" or "beat-up" is part of its charm!

I was thinking exactly the same thing as I was reading this thread. I love the look of a well-used LV--it clearly has had an interesting life and has stories to tell. Regardless of the cost of the bag, they were meant to be used. An older, used LV just seems to have more character than a pristine LV.

Unfortunately, 99% of the handbags in my small town are AWFUL fakes, and there is a lady that comes into my bar with a completely abused LV that she *thinks/says* is real, (it's not), and it's COMPLETELY destroyed. It makes me wonder if she actually had a real one if she would take better care of it....

I was thinking exactly the same thing as I was reading this thread. I love the look of a well-used LV--it clearly has had an interesting life and has stories to tell. Regardless of the cost of the bag, they were meant to be used. An older, used LV just seems to have more character than a pristine LV.

ITA!!!