When it comes to [fill in the blank], I am cheap

chicky said:
Pyjamas and nightwear for me - why spend a fortune on something you're going to be sleeping in...?;) :P

I agree with you on the pj's and nitewear....though i'm going away this weekend with my boyfriend and next weekend for my bday not sure what to wear to impress him a bit before bed :amuse: any suggestions?

I would have to say makeup. I don't wear make up so I am really cheap when it comes to buying makeup. I've got some cheap make up from Target for special occasions.

print*model said:
I can't think of anything so I ask my daughter. She says, "No. You're not cheap about anything! You're really STUCK UP as a matter of fact!" :cry: Okay. She's 12 and may not be around to see 13 this summer......... LOL!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thats funny!

My cheapness is shirts, I go through shirts so quickly plus styles change so quickly that I dont want to spend more than $20 on a shirt.

I'm exactly the same.

I once budgeted $200 a month for food. My roommate, an aspiring gourmet chef thought this was ridiculous (she spent about $300 a week at the grocery store). I explained that eating out doesn't count in my food budget.

IntlSet said:
When it comes to food for myself I am cheap. I'll spend any amount if I'm eating with friends but when I stock food for my fridge and my pantry, I buy what's on sale. I just don't see the point of eating your riches, as one poster here said!

This is hilarious! :lol:

I don't have a husband but if I ever get married, he's buying his own clothes. :biggrin:

Baggaholic said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Me, my husbands clothing!!!! I can't see myself spending money on him when it just sits in his closet, he's a modells man!!! Gott-go-to-mo's!

frozen7313 said:
ummm... furniture for me. i work at Restoration Hardware, but all my furniture in my house and room are all Ikea. lol.

clothes are all good stuff, even down to my socks and under t-shirts.
and well naturally my accessories are too. iono, imo, a louis with old navy jeans doesn't work for me.. those people are just asking for people to ask if their stuff is fake.

Ooh, furniture for me too!! I spent money on a nice bed and couch, but beyond that I am always accepting hand-me-downs from relatives, or going to estate sales and picking up great antique furniture for practically no money at all. I'm not even above dumpster diving for nice antique furniture :shame: One time I picked up an antique birdseye maple leather top writing desk out of a trash pile by the side of the road in pieces, and my dad put it back together for me again. It's GORGEOUS...and was free! Pretty ridiculous that I'm willing to go through all that for a free desk but will drop a couple hundred on a handbag in nothing flat :lol:

I'm also cheap about makeup and skincare (I only buy during promotional time when you get a bag full of extras) and I supplement what I don't have with what I get for free (during fashion week especially) or cheap stuff from the drug store.

I cannot fathom spending more than $5 on flip flops (I have, but they had to be the perfect metallic or leather pair). Even when I was working in fashion I stopped by Payless one day while heading to work and bought a pair of rafetta flip flops that I wore all summer. BUT I only buy designer shoes besides flip flops and sneakers (colorful Pumas).

Same thing with t shirts, I only want to spend about $5 on a t shirt so I stock up at H&M or even Kohl's. I'm not actually a big t shirt wearer but I feel t shirts and tanks are "disposable" like flip flops.

I can be cheap about my hair and eyebrows. I'm getting better at this (recently paid $92 to get my eyebrows plucked by the best person in the city, she worked miracles!) but I'm due for a haircut and cannot bring myself to spend a lot of money on that....

chihuahuaqueen said:
Toilet paper!!! I'm extremely cheap with groceries and household things, especially toilet paper!:sad2:
(I can't believe I actually admitted that!) - Amy
my hubby wont let me go cheap on TP. He says, and I quote, "My butt is too sensitive for the cheap stuff." :hrmm:

I'm cheap when it comes to clothes (worked at BR for almost two years, so I haven't bought a regular priced piece of clothing in a LONG time!). Same with shoes. If they're not on sale, forget it! I wear my shoes to death and I don't see myself buying $$$$ shoes just to see them go in a few months (I REALLY wear my shoes!). I am also cheap when it comes to buying CDs and DVDs. I collect those mail-in rebates and send them out. It takes a while to get the money back but when you least expect it (or forget about it already), you get it back! :lol:

I am NOT cheap when it comes to bags (of course!), jeans (love my Sevens and Citizens of Humanity...but also like waiting till they go on sale), sunglasses (I own only one designer pair but if I had to buy another one, I wouldn't mind spending the $$$$), makeup (it's just better at the department stores (NOT always...but most of the time) in my opinion), and education (it will pay off in the end!)

4evereternity said:
I agree with you on the pj's and nitewear....though i'm going away this weekend with my boyfriend and next weekend for my bday not sure what to wear to impress him a bit before bed :amuse: any suggestions?

Wear NOTHING :nuts: