when issues collide

You can wear pearls anytime ... warm, cold, rain, snow. The only issue is with perfume. Also if you sweat a lot, the silk strand on your nape might discolor and loosen up over time ... heck, you can just re-string them again.

After every use, I wipe my pearls with a cloth (the Mikimoto ones that I have come with a special cloth to wipe pearls). I'm pretty sure a soft cloth will do it.

I just got through this thread, and HH, those are soooo stunning on you! They are stunning, you are stunning, and the combination is just wonderful. What a treasure.

I like them on their own--the simple line really compliments your long graceful neck, and is so modern, I think. Tying them up with a scarf is cute, and gives you some variety in wearing them, but to me that long, clean line is just so gorgeous, classic, timeless! Wear them in good health!!

HH- I just got to this thread and those pearls on you absolutely take my breath away! Elegant is the first word that comes to mind.They are stunning and I envy your graceful neck!! You HAVE to wear them alot- you just look too beautiful to not wear them!

good to know la van. with the ... forceful lol prodding of you all, i wore them out to dinner. it was cold so i dropped them to hang inside my sweater (and let out a howl when the cold balls touched my skin, holy H) while we walked over to the restaurant. played with them a bit, tried to count them while wearing them and came up with 90.
tangle, my peko, PGN thank you.
graceful...elegant, NONE of the words used for the pearls describe me. lol i'm a little afraid... i'm a little afraid that they'll look fake on me.:sad: i know some people have had experiences with their hermes bags where others questioned their authenticity. no one would directly ask me, of course, but i don't want them to look fake. you all can protest, but you haven't seen me irl, etc. can't tell much from these partial pics - though we're gonna keep them that way. lol ;) :ninja:

good heavens, hiheels.... you call that a "simple" strand?! I would kill for a beautiful, graceful neck like yours. The pearl length you have is an opera length (26"+)... hold on to your pearls and have the hubby take you to the opera or theater a few times. Then rethink about how you feel about them! If they've made you feel utterly divine, then you know to keep them. If you don't feel anything after that, then you have options.

The way I see it, all material things are just that... the memories are with those of the original owner, namely your grandmother. if you are able to get an Hermes because of the pearls, you can still be reminded of your grandmother each time you use your bag, because she was the one who made it possible for you to achieve your desire, or happiness, this moment when you are young(er). You'll just have to be sure in your heart there will be no regrets later and it is the bag you want for life. [i know, i'm the one who just threw in a wrench :shame: ]

HH - I am SERIOUSLY a "pearl girl". So much so, that I would have rather had a South Sea Tahitian black pearl ring (with some diamonds KWIM?) for an engagement ring. From what I can see in the pix, your grandmother had exquisite taste and these pearls are magnificent. Might I also say that you have the perfect throat and neckline for these -- not everyone does. Acquire a large number of pochettes and use them with the pearls -- you can't beat the look.

Wear them in good health - I'm sure that your grandmother would be thrilled -- :love:

well, there was one thread about which would you choose, jewelry or hermes, and another thread about whether people purchase hermes with leaving it as a legacy in mind.
quote]

Hiheels,

What a fabulous idea! I really love what you've done with the scarf and the pearl necklace. Very fresh and sweet - adorable! And God bless your grandmother for thinking of you and leaving you something so beautiful and special. :heart: I'm sure you think of her every time you wear it. Enjoy...

p.s. regarding jewelry vs. Hermes...you can probably do both, at some point in your life if you really want it badly enough and have patience. I'm not so good at patience, but it's worth it!;)

rainrowan wrench indeed. if you had posted this at the beginning of the thread, i might have been selling them at a steep discount to dressage queen or gga, or anyone else who called me sweetpea (i'm so easy:shame:smile: before they could post and tell me not too. lol and in a way it does seem insane, that i've been pining away for a second h bag and here these fall in my lap. but (and maybe it's because they were passed to me) i don't feel as though i can sell them. if i found them on the street - if there was no personal connection to them, they'd be in someone else's hands by now i think. your opera plan - while it sounds like a nice way to pass 4-6 hours, wouldn't work. as greentea noted, i would sooner feel divine in jeans and a t shirt than wearing my morgane le fey dress or some such. it's funny because i so so so agree with your second paragraph in theory, yet here i find myself unable to do it. might be because of dd - feeling like i have to pass the necklace to her (and as i said at the beginning of the thread, i would rather inherit a necklace than a purse, so i'm going to see if/hope she feels the same way - though a necklace and $$ is really ideal... :nuts: :roflmfao: ).
it's awfully funny/weird/whatever to be faced with this opportunity to get my bolide and not take it. i swear it doesn't reflect my desire for the purse one single bit. very very odd scenario i suddenly find myself in.

p.s. regarding jewelry vs. Hermes...you can probably do both, at some point in your life if you really want it badly enough and have patience. I'm not so good at patience, but it's worth it!;)
:yes:

ah, funnyredhead :flowers: you "pearl girls" are opening my eyes (forcing them open, lol). i'll give it a go.

i'm wondering if a pochette - same silk as the big scarves, would be too slippery to hold the pearls if i wanted to use it as a bow to double the strand up.

doh :Push: - i KNEW i should have told you to sell them. :P

LOL
i don't know, i'm still shaking my head over this odd scenario/predicament. i never started an "ode to the pearl" thread but here i am with a pile. still no darn bolide. i've got them on today - might post a pic of my rumpled (read: natural) self in the action thread...

Patience, patience HH...the Bolide will come, all in due time...but keep those pearls!! I too am not a pearl girl, but am glad I have them just the same...classic stuff like that is worth holding on to. I don't have a lot of jewelry but have tried to gradually gather a few classic pieces. (Supplemented by casual H jewelry of course!!)

^ I tried it with mine and my Twilly and it worked. So cute! My strand is small, so I tied each end of the Twilly to opposite ends of the looped strand and made a combo Twilly/pearl long necklace.