When is enough enough for you?

OG_Baby

O.G.
Jan 24, 2007
The recent price increase put a lot of things in perspective for me, specifically, my future with LV. Don't get me wrong, I LVoe the brand and I am a very loyal customer. But I just cannot see myself paying anymore for these beauties.

Can you imagine paying more than $800 for a Speedy 25? I can't, which is why I am beginning to look into buying from consignment shops. Granted, times change and prices must reflect the that. I guess my question to all you LV lovers is: What will be your tipping point?

At this point for me, I am willing to pay full price for items that are hard to come by, but for others, I will wait for them to come to me.

I am newbie to LV, for me it really depends on how much I want the bag! I make good money but most of my purchases this year is from selling off my Coach collection. If It's a bag I will use everyday and I really want it I will probably buy it. If it's something that I would like but don't see myself using everyday and accessories then I will look to ebay or consignment shops. I'm not made of money either lol I plan on purchasing a MC Speedy this year and then if I want another bag I need to start saving in a special account for my bag fund! LOL yes, the prices are getting crazy even though the times are changing...

I think it depends on the person, thier income and how much they value LV. I am willing to fork out more money because at least I know the bag is going to keep some value and they don't go on sale, this has become important to me.

Carrie

I have been taking a serious look at what I already have and am trying to just get purses that will fill a "hole" in my purse wardrobe and will have staying power. There are really no LV purses right now that are must haves for me, though I would like an Alma (and I have a Galleria PM on its way shortly).

I had not been checking this thead that much so the price increase caught me unawares. That being said, there is one item, a scarf, that I would really like, but since I have already missed the increase, I will probably wait until October or November to get it.

As Ayla says, once on par with Chanel & Hermes which seems a bit impossible as they increase their prices significantly also. I wouldn't spend anymore than $2000 on a Canvas bag though, that's my limit. I find that $1500 is a bit much but you just can't help it if you love it I guess. I'd pay more for limited items though.

I'll stop when the more affordable pieces become a lot more expensive. Like alot of members here said, when it reaches Chanel's/Hermes/dior's limit then that's when things go downhill for me. Right now and another few years, it will be a good time for me to grab all the goodies now before it gets out of hand. I hope to be able to get the pieces I want before it's too late.

Well, to be honest I would not spend over $800 for a mono Speedy. I already have 2 speedy's...I may add a third before the prices go up again..I absolutely LVoe LV, and I probably will continue to purchase my "must have" bags even after prices go up again..but there is a limit to what I will spend for a basic mono bag...

I'll stop when a cles is 800. But the prices are OK right now

A mere cles...$800?:roflmfao: I don't know why I am so tickled by this. I guess the thought of a small item such as the LV cles costing $800 is just so utterly and completely ridiculous that it's funny...yet, somehow with the tri-annual price hikes this could very well become a reality. :wtf:

I used to buy & buy & buy. Then I sold & sold & sold. Right now I have 2 & only 2 bags in my collection. My Mono Petit Bucket aka 'First Love' & my Damier Speedy 30 :heart::heart::heart:. For accessories, I have the PTI wallet, the mono Accessories Pochette & the accessories pouch that came with the Petit Bucket. I have everything I need. With the state of the economy & jobs just so iffy now, I've found that I need to save more. I just bought my Speedy 2 months ago & can see myself carrying it for years, if need be. I'd love to have some of my 'want' bags-Denim neo cabby, Mirage Speedy, but I think I'm going to have to stop for now. I am, however, having a wonderful time living vicariously thru all of you.

*Note* If I do take the plunge & buy a bag sometime in the near future, I've made myself a promise that it will only be something classic. Something that I can pull out in 5 years that will still be fresh.

The prices will always increase due to inflation. A retired colleage once saw me with speedy 30, she said that when she bought hers years back, it was only about USD250.

I think many people are starting to feel the impact of a poor economy right now and the several price increases this year were to adjust for the currency value of USD.

Personally, I'll buy and I make sure I sell too. So my spending do not go out of hand.

I will not sell but I will limit. Maybe only one or 2 bags a year. LV is up there with Chanel Chanel shopping tote (the one in my wish list is 2010 i think) The new quilted LV mono is 2800. The highbury 1800!!! Hermes Evelyn 3 is gm is like 2400. LV prices are up there. Though I am starting to love Hermes. I love how they are made and most people do not know what they are.