when do you justify, it's the right time to buy a B or K?

P4d1

Apr 29, 2021
Today is my birthday ...

I'd my "offer" in my 20s, post graduation.
I turned it down because I felt, with Bachelor degree attained is insufficient reason to "earn" me a B (although the money, from allowances, was more than sufficient).

I then got a good job, built decent savings & portfolio, by now.
But, I can never shell out the $ for a B or a K.

In my ears, I keep listening to my family on how hard they made it.

In my head,
I know how (extremely) hard I got here independently
B or K isn't a need

Question:
When do you tell yourself, it's OK to buy a B or a K?
I have access to buy w/o pre-spend, thru a H's vip client.

TIA

Happy birthday! You must be so thrilled and proud of all of your accomplishments. I am sure your family is too :smile:

some people save and buy one of these bags when they are able to do so.

others make plenty of money and are financially secure, and choose not to do so.

I have a feeling you will know deep down when the right time and right bag comes along

Happy birthday! You must be so thrilled and proud of all of your accomplishments. I am sure your family is too :smile:

some people save and buy one of these bags when they are able to do so.

others make plenty of money and are financially secure, and choose not to do so.

I have a feeling you will know deep down when the right time and right bag comes along
thanks for this.
the right one hasn't come along, yet, i think.

Happy birthday!

You have said B/K isn’t a need, which I think is good. ”Needing” a bag can be a deceptive thing, sometimes brought on by the toxic pressures of SM to display wealth and success etc. If and when you buy, let it be a choice for you.

I hope you have a wonderful day! :smile:
yep, 100% agree. it is for *me* instead of to display xyz.
thanks for reinforcing that belief.

It’s your financial decision and only you know when you are ready based on your financial and wardrobe needs. On the other hand I regret turning down a Kelly retourrne in my 20s because the price is now significantly multiplied.
thanks for reminding about needs. much appreciated.

altho i do also have similar regret abt turning it down,

but when reviewing that regret ...
i have multiplied the fund on other more traditional investments - stocks, properties, etc
which im sure you would have too.

and what i am most thankful at (by not buying the bag) is,
as i've not been in the fashion world,
that has enabled me to concentrate in building myself sans blinks that don't grow in value
(what attracts me to H is, if bought smartly, its ability to retain its value)
which could (as im not privy to ur situation) be your situation (advantage) too.

thanks for reminding about needs. much appreciated.

altho i do also have similar regret abt turning it down,

but when reviewing that regret ...
i have multiplied the fund on other more traditional investments - stocks, properties, etc
which im sure you would have too.

and what i am most thankful at (by not buying the bag) is,
as i've not been in the fashion world,
that has enabled me to concentrate in building myself sans blinks that don't grow in value
(what attracts me to H is, if bought smartly, its ability to retain its value)
which could (as im not privy to ur situation) be your situation (advantage) too.

If you want the take the "rich dad, poor dad" approach, you could say the "right time" is to purchase a bag using the money you have made passively off your investments, without sacrificing further investment.

However, if it feels like the "right bag" for you, go for it. There will never be a perfect time but if it will be something you will make use of and it won't hinder your future goals, take the plunge (and then show us photos!!)

Remember, not all purchases need to be forever. If it serves the purpose at this stage of your life and you move it along in years or even a decade, that's ok too!

Also, wishing you a very happy birthday!!! :hbeat:

If you want the take the "rich dad, poor dad" approach, you could say the "right time" is to purchase a bag using the money you have made passively off your investments, without sacrificing further investment.

However, if it feels like the "right bag" for you, go for it. There will never be a perfect time but if it will be something you will make use of and it won't hinder your future goals, take the plunge (and then show us photos!!)

Remember, not all purchases need to be forever. If it serves the purpose at this stage of your life and you move it along in years or even a decade, that's ok too!

Also, wishing you a very happy birthday!!! :hbeat:
Really like your answer! It’s also very hard to predict when offers happen! Most important part is to never let the opportunity cost be too high (debt, dipping into savings, etc)

Happy birthday! It seems to me the crux of the matter in your situation is dealing with the guilt of luxury spending. You’ve taken responsible financial steps in your life, when would it be reasonable to allow yourself to indulge if that’s what you want?

I really like what Dave Ramsey said about wealth. It’s not just all about saving and growing your assets. You should use it to enjoy life as well as charity giving.

Think about it this way, your friend already took care of the Prespend for you so you’re already at least getting it 50% off it not 66%. If it soothes your conscience you could donate the prespend.