When did you get glasses?

I got glasses in the first grade, after one of those in-school eye tests. I had high pressure in my eyes. I was sent to the military hospital in San Diego (we lived in Ft. Irwin at the time) for a check up about the pressure - and everything was fine. My parents also have high pressure in their eyes, so it's hereditary. But I do go to the eye doctor every year and have pictures taken of the inside of my eye and do a Vision Field test to check for possible signs / the beginnings of glaucoma.

:smile: I also have astigmatism, and my prescription is becoming less and less every time that I go to the eye doctor. HOORAY!! Eye doctor says that soon I won't need glasses at all :biggrin:

I usually wear my glasses to read. Not for driving or anything, since I can see just fine. Text has to be either really small or very far away for me not to be able to clearly see it :smile:

Age 12 is when I was supossed to wear glasses. I never wore them because I was afraid of looking like a geek. When I was 14 I got contacts, but soon after quit wearing them because they bothered my astigmatism. When I was 18 I got glasses, again, but they hurt my eyes because the prescription was wrong, and the doctor wouldn't fix it. Recently, I realized my eyes were really bad because I almost had an accident while driving at night. I went to a new doctor, got a correct prescription, and now I'm rockin my new Chanel glasses every day.

I got them at 17 just before I started driving lessons. My eyes had been a bit blurry when looking at the board in college, and it was advised to get your eyes checked anyway before you learn to drive. Luckily I did as they said I need glasses. My eye-sight had been perfectly fine up until that point, but its just went blurry that year. My sight isn't too bad so the only time I wear my glasses is for driving, for day to day business it's not really needed.

I was probably about 8 or 9 when I first got glasses. I knew it was a matter of time, my whole family has terrible eyesight.

My vision got progressively worse until the last few years, and now it's stabilized....thankfully.

It is so sad, that I need my glasses to FIND my glasses when I put them down!! :P

hhmmmm, i was 11 or 12, when junior high started. at the time i only needed to wear them to see the board, but by the time i started driving i needed them all the time...which was when i went to contacts. just got a new pair of chanel glasses though, so cute! another accessory! :yes:

I found out that I needed glasses when I was 11. I was in the 6th grade and we all had to do eye exams in school. If you didn't do well, they recommended that you go see an eye doctor.

I was 12 when I got glasses, but I've been wearing contacts since I was 16. I'd love to get Lasik, but I know 3 people that have had done & got awful infections afterwards, so now I'm a little afraid.

I was about 7 when I got mine. I remember telling my mother one night that everything was "fuzzy" (and I remember everything being fuzzy). My eyesight continued to get worse but eventually "stabilized" so I'm legally blind without my lenses (switched to contacts at age 12 and really only wear glasses at home when I can't have my lenses in), but I correct to just about 20/20.

I'm hoping of getting Lasik surgery one day!

I needed them at birth (had corrective eye surgery)...but doctor didn't want my eyes to become dependent on the glasses and weaken....so I didn't get them until around 5th grade.

I was about 9 yrs old. Got contacts at age 13. I wore every variety of contact lense for the next 30 or so years until I had lasik. In spite of being nearly legally blind (without correction) my surgery resulted in eyesight close to 20/20! So I have been thrilled with my lasik. No complications. I'm starting to need reading glasses but that is typical for my age.