When classic flaps reach $10k USD....

Actually Chanel should do something about Fashionphile - i see these new mini rectangles with top handle and priced over 6000$ on fashionphile
WILD. Companies do price analysis ALL THE TIME! These resellers are doing price variant research for Chanel.
They are literally setting the terms/quota of what the next price increase will be. If fashionphile can sell at that price...you better believe the regular shopper will have to eventually pay that price in the boutique too.

Actually Chanel should do something about Fashionphile - i see these new mini rectangles with top handle and priced over 6000$ on fashionphile
Maybe NM could lean on FP- Chanel could threaten to remove its boutiques from NM, now that NM has partnered with FP. I know NM and Nordstrom use FP when they can’t sell styles from previous seasons (in store).

Luckily, I'm not an hermes fan either but I am a chanel fan. Luckily, I got all the sizes years ago from the boutique when they were all less than 4k! Mine have all lasted and is in excellent condition. I actually think the quality has improved from the 2012-2015 quality dip.

Btw:
I've been seeing/reading your posts in the golden goose forums/threads! I just purchased two. Can't wait to get them. One is more subtle and the other one is loud with glitter star and python heel. :smile:
You're lucky! I became a fan of Chanel around 2018 as the collection was super amazing and have been checking Chanel website every now and then. I'm planning to make the very first purchase and it seems everything I'm interested in are unavailable... and the price tag...

I understand you completely and I thought that Chanel will lose out on sales during the pandemic since their stores are closed with no online store, but reading on these forums I realised that their bags are selling even more than ever before!
I dont imagine Chanel to improve the quality of their bags as they probably dont see any issue with the leather or stitching otherwise they would do a recall like Vuitton did.
People will still carry on buying the classic flaps and it will only make them more desirable. Most people who cannot afford $10k on a bag will look for vintage and the popularity of classic flaps will long reign.
I miss the days when I could walk into a chanel boutique to buy a bag especially a classic flap and there would be no hunt or rat race to get certain colours, no resellers taking them all, no instagram and no struggle to even see the bag in the first place. Back then classic flaps were not as trendy as they are now and most people were not even interested in that bag but this was almost 20 yrs ago lol

Their bag supply was reduced bc of the pandemic and it contributed to the hot-selling too. Hopefully there will be no hunt and race after their factory resumes full capacity...

Theres always going to be a hunt and race since the popularity of chanel bags have risen in the last few decades
Is there also hunt and race for reissue medium(225)/large(226)? I hope not... wish I could get one in gold hardware as the first CHANEL purchase for my birthday but clearly not possible as everywhere I checked, unavailable. Was hoping they could get more once the pandemic ends. After reading some threads, I do agree with you in that there'll always be a hunt for hot popular pieces.

Yeah I hate how people say to go to Hermès when Chanel becomes too overpriced. Hermès has a completely different style to Chanel, totally different branding. I love Chanel’s femininity, black and white motifs, creative runway shows, etc. You also can wear Chanel CFs from day to night. Hermès not as much. I also don’t like that it seems that Birkins and Kellys are like status symbols moreso than style symbols. I enjoy Chanel for the history and style/fashion aspect, not whatever the perceived status might be of being able to buy an expensive bag.

I love Chanel, but if a CF became $10k... I don’t think I could do it. I prefer older styles/colors and prefer to purchase used because of it, but i know those prices will go up too when the retail goes up.
I agree with you about Hermes and Chanel, well said! Now, pls don’t call me crazy but I will continue to buy if it gets to 10K. If I were buying Hermes, I would pay the 10K++, well I feel just the same for Chanel. My love for Chanel will continue until I either a- reach purse peace or b-my collection is complete;).

I agree with you about Hermes and Chanel, well said! Now, pls don’t call me crazy but I will continue to buy if it gets to 10K. If I were buying Hermes, I would pay the 10K++, well I feel just the same for Chanel. My love for Chanel will continue until I either a- reach purse peace or b-my collection is complete;).
You might be crazy, but I am too and ain’t nothing wrong with that! I love Chanel. BUT, so many people have fancy luxury cars like BMWs and whatnot, and people don’t think that’s crazy. To me, buying Chanel is a waaay better purchase than a fancy luxury car, because cars with regular use last what, 10-15 years max? And cost way more, and look dated and depreciate in value FAST. Not to mention the additional costs to maintain, etc. So I don’t think we’re thaaaat crazy. Classic Chanel will last a lifetime!

I absolutely love Chanel classic flaps. Im pretty much content but If right bag comes along I will still purchase. I’m working on few jewelry projects so that has taken the funds this year but I’m still a fan.

I pretty much switched to H in 2008, but I bought a cute so balck mini chevron reissue last summer. I don’t think quality has diminished as drastically as some TPFers believe, but I don’t examine my bag with a microscope either. When I was last in to look at RTW, my SA showed me a bag coated with sequins? For I think 18K USD. Not for me, but for a person with money to burn and a sense of fun fashion, IDK. There will be people buying chanle bags at 10K, but most likely not me :smile: I also think the reseller market will come back down eventually. JMO though. There are always chanel models that are better buys on resale; just as there are better priced models at the boutique. It’s a question of timing and cost perwear and all that depends on ones individual wants.

Do you think Chanel will start gold plating again?

I must say, at that point I probably would have long since switched exclusively to Hermes, but I acknowledge that the brands are not really comparable as they have completely different styles, so sometimes a flap is just needed for an outfit. Regardless, Chanel is my first love and will always have my heart.

im just really wondering if quality will eventually increase alongside the price? People have been complaining about the quality for years and it’s only gotten worse so I’m really not sure.
Exactly how I feel. I don’t love other brands enough to buy but how can I justify my purchase with these issues do you know what the black dots are? I found one and afraid it’s mold

• Sad
Reactions: lunabear101