When a sporran is better than a Birkin!

"It's all I need for my mobile phone, some junky make-up and useful pieces of driftwood from South America that give you good luck."

If that was all Jane carried in her birkin, she would not have had to give it up for her "fashion forward" sporran. BTW, the animal head ones remind me of the 1940s animal skin/head/feet stoles women wore. Yikes!!

I don't think it is very classy for Jane Birkin to slam Hermès like that. If she just put the "mobile phone, some junky make-up and useful pieces of driftwood from South America that give you good luck" in her Birkin, I bet it wouldn't give her tendonitis.

i guess it's "cool" to bite the hand that feeds you ;)

i wonder if she gets royalties for Hermes using her last name for the bag. does she get like 25 cents everytime someone says the world Birkin?

Birkin birkin birkin birkin! that's a dollar for Ms. B!

I remember reading a blurb by miss J.; she'd mentioned she grew to hate the Birkin because (1) its size: she'd keep filling it with more stuff and (2) the only way she could carry it was in the hand or on her forearm but it was so heavy it gave her tendonitis.

To each his own! I have a Bal. Courrier which is HUGE, and if I'm not careful, can get really heavy, even tho' it has a shoulder strap. That said, the pp was right about JB's bag contents. :smile: