What’s your unpopular LV opinion?

• Thread starter MagpieInTraining
  • Start date
I hated it to until I owned one and then once I had it I loved it.
I've always love the style of the Speedy - I love a Boston-style bag - but I still don't own one! I have enough (for me) monogram bags and I'm not sure I want the DE. I have a DA NF and I love the light, fresh DA look - and yet I'm not sure I want a DA Speedy. I'm bummed I missed the Damier Noir Speedy this past summer and I'm holding out for a fresh take on the Speedy that works for my collection. I really don't want vachetta for my Speedy.

I’m really not a fan of the Neverfull!
I don't like bags that are open, it’s just asking for trouble! Plus, living in NYC, EVERYONE and their mother has the Neverfull.

I also never understood the appeal of the Murakami multicolor line.
I was at Target today and noticed that in every line waiting to check out was at least one neverfull. So ubiquitous in suburbia.

Honestly, for the price we pay, LV should do something to help at least delay the onset on colour transfer on DA canvas. Maybe a special coating they apply or something. IDK this is probably an irrational opinion. Oh well.
A great idea although I can already hear the prices increasing in their heads (kaching $$$) as well as “LV-care” being offered, similar to shoe stores that sell shoe care such as sprays and polishing agents.

It may have said already but I really do not like vachetta. If I have ever bought a bag with any vachetta, I find myself using it for less than six months and selling on as I get anxious about patina developing. I cannot stand the dirty look of ancient (I.e >2yrs old) vachetta. I have tended to go for de because of this although I love mono with black leather and was nearly swayed to a neo noe but the bag was just not for me.

I really do not like Damier Azur. It all just looks like a baby bag, no matter what it is, all I can think is BABY BAG! Seriously, even the mini pochette looks like it is a part of a baby bag.

Oh and Virgil Abloh, no, sorry. Even his Nike designs, just no. Please, tennis gods, just let Serena Williams wear her awesome cat suit instead of the Virgil Abloh tutu.

I really do not like Damier Azur. It all just looks like a baby bag, no matter what it is, all I can think is BABY BAG! Seriously, even the mini pochette looks like it is a part of a baby bag.

Oh and Virgil Abloh, no, sorry. Even his Nike designs, just no. Please, tennis gods, just let Serena Williams wear her awesome cat suit instead of the Virgil Abloh tutu.

haha
it's the white and baby light blue.
I think you're unto something because every since my 2nd was born 3 months ago, all I can think of is Damier Azur :biggrin:

Ok here goes, I know a lot of LV fans are not into Neverfull and I shared that sentiment wholeheartedly until I bought one. I had purchased a Graceful PM (so pretty) but the strap was very awkward for me and for that reason I had to return it. While in the store I tried on several bags and the most comfortable bag that was the most versatile (IMO) was the NF. I bought it in (Unpopular opinion #2) Damier Azur which I love. I also have a Mahina XS and a Looping in DE. I love the look of the Speedy but find it awkward to get in and out of the bag.

Ok here goes, I know a lot of LV fans are not into Neverfull and I shared that sentiment wholeheartedly until I bought one. I had purchased a Graceful PM (so pretty) but the strap was very awkward for me and for that reason I had to return it. While in the store I tried on several bags and the most comfortable bag that was the most versatile (IMO) was the NF. I bought it in (Unpopular opinion #2) Damier Azur which I love. I also have a Mahina XS and a Looping in DE. I love the look of the Speedy but find it awkward to get in and out of the bag.
I don't think your opinions are unpopular. As for the Speedy, I have small hands, but agree that before I got a Samorga it was a struggle. Now. It is perfect. Everything in its place! I was really thinking about a NF GM in the impractical mono (not using in rainy weather is a dealbrealer). But now I have my eye on the new Belmont MM in Cherry Berry, but here is my unpopular opinion....it is too freaking expensive.

Always feel like im about to face a firing squad, but i must get it off my chest. Dont like the canvas anything. The more time goes on the more LV seems to be mixing canvas with other versions of their canvas where its looking brown on brown on brown. There are some seriously ugly bags from LV out there. But i must say, saw some noe styles with a yellow tie and strap and a red version. mmmmmmmmm i like the colour combo going on there. i own a black epi and a green epi - They do plain leather great - need to stick to it. Actually there is a white jungle neverfull with the canvas coming through making up the large monogram. I thought it was an excellent update, but some colour variations have again gone overboard.
hideous examples: cannes monogram reverse canvas, dauphine mono canvas - also has a reverse (hell no),
Tuilleries. Seriously?? Are you kidding me? who finds these attractive. :confused1::confused1::confused1: