What’s your unpopular Hermes opinion?

Interesting - the Evelyne is so simple. So much so that I thought I would hate it. My first chance to try it on, I fell in love and ended up purchasing one in a beautiful cherry red (PM). It's the best bag: so simple and functional for every day usage. I'm surprised at how much I love it.

I agree. For many years I couldn't understand the appeal of the Evelyne. I remember even actively disliking the Evelyne when I saw people wear it. Now I have one and I love it. Wear it almost every day to work. It can hold so much! And is so comfortable to wear!

Though I have to admit to trying to wear it with the H facing my body as I prefer that it is not obvious that I'm wearing an H bag (only other H fans will notice) and also enjoy having better access to the outer pocket.

Pricing is mad.

Over €1300 euros for a silk bag! The little sliver of leather that makes up the handle and edges just does not justify the price.

Nearly €2500 for a canvas backpack. Again the leather strap handles and opening flap do not justify the price.

And yes a lot of the designs are very old fashioned. Unless they evolve I think they will struggle to attract younger consumers. They can't rely on older customers forever.

My really unpopular opinion is that I don't like the scarf designs of Jan Batjlik at all. They all look alike and are cartoonish (and not in a sophisticated or ironic way like Gattoni or Baribeaud) and one-dimensional--just a jumble of stuff. There's a new design for Fall/Winter 2020 that looks exactly like his other 2 designs, except for not having Godzilla or a lobster or something. Thank you for letting me vent, LOL.

My really unpopular opinion is that I don't like the scarf designs of Jan Batjlik at all. They all look alike and are cartoonish (and not in a sophisticated or ironic way like Gattoni or Baribeaud) and one-dimensional--just a jumble of stuff. There's a new design for Fall/Winter 2020 that looks exactly like his other 2 designs, except for not having Godzilla or a lobster or something. Thank you for letting me vent, LOL.
Agree 100%, moma!

:lol: Yes and yes.

My unpopular opinion is because I hate carrying bags on my arm, the Birkin and the GP should come with straps long enough to carry on the shoulder. And that should be a whole Birkin, not the halfling version :P

Also, why can't the Bastia be made to fit a credit card? Why, Hermès?!

I think it's about time to introduce myself and my Wile E. Coyote or halfling version to the purse forum. After reading all this, there is just one thing left to say: At least it's not in etoupe ;)

IMG_2595.jpg