What’s your unpopular Hermes opinion?

YES YES YES!!! I cannot for the life of me understand why they discontinued the Vespa over the Evelyne! If the Vespa had a removable strap, OMG! I've secretly considered buying a used one and cutting off the strap so I could have one with a removable strap (go ahead and flame me for it!).

OMG Yes! I have a Vespa but the strap is a bit short for crossbody wear and so I don’t reach for it often. I have seriously considered cutting off the strap too! I wonder if the 105cm strap will be a good length for the Vespa’s north-south silhouette.

Thanks for confirming that it’s not a crazy idea haha. Good luck to both of us, if and when we get the courage to finally do it :smile:

People going to the H sales, buying the maximum no. of items allowed and then immediately flogging them ABOVE regular (non- sale) retail on the resale market. I also don't understand the people who buy from these profiteers, why pay over retail for something that was purchased at 40 or 50% off?? It's not like paying a premium for a 2nd hand QB or similar, that's a different story when considering prespend and limited availability etc...

TBH this isn't that much different than how people would look at Vogue and other fashion magazines in the 90s...for those who aren't naturally great at building their own style, magazines, influencers, ads, etc, are the avenues for inspiration.
Unfortunately many of these individuals don’t really have any style to be inspired by - it would be like having a vogue spread of just the bag and a pile of orange boxes and the article would be all about how to get the bag instead of clothes, style, or even history.

Every Vespa lover should own a mini Vespa charm. I wish they would bring it back. I absolutely love mine and it's the cutest thing ever..a true "mini" of minis in my opinion lol :smile: View attachment 5405607

I haven't yet actually gotten one, but I've been close to purchasing several of these...I'm waiting for one in a color that speaks to me I guess! Glad to hear you love yours!

Unfortunately many of these individuals don’t really have any style to be inspired by - it would be like having a vogue spread of just the bag and a pile of orange boxes and the article would be all about how to get the bag instead of clothes, style, or even history.

FAIR :lol:

understand why they discontinued the Vespa over the Evelyne! If the Vespa had a removable strap, OMG! I've secretly considered buying a used one and cutting off the strap
Vespa but the strap is a bit short for crossbody wear and so I don’t reach for it often. I have seriously considered cutting off the strap too!
Yes this! I ended up giving my crinoline phw Vespa away, but I did consider cutting off the strap to use it. . .

• Haha
Reactions: Etriers and duggi84
Definitely the mini. The Chain d'Ancre detail is so chic...still don't understand what type of person *ahem idiot* thought the Evelyn was the better one to keep in the collection.
I absolutely love it. I know people thought I was crazy for picking up a 4 inch bag BUT I have used it a lot during covid for masks and mini hand sanitizer and tic tacs :smile: and gum lol super easy reach without having to go inside my actual bag. Am I right? I wish they would bring it back.20220518_164538.jpgGreat Lil wristlet. The original "mini".of them all :heart: :hbeat:

I absolutely love it. I know people thought I was crazy for picking up a 4 inch bag BUT I have used it a lot during covid for masks and mini hand sanitizer and tic tacs :smile: and gum lol super easy reach without having to go inside my actual bag. Am I right? I wish they would bring it back.View attachment 5407012Great Lil wristlet. The original "mini".of them all :heart: :hbeat:

I realize I was talking about this AND the Evelyn TPM bag...lol I love them both :blush:

OK so back on topic so I don't anger the mods: I really don't get the Birkin Sellier.

I realize I was talking about this AND the Evelyn TPM bag...lol I love them both :blush:

OK so back on topic so I don't anger the mods: I really don't get the Birkin Sellier.
The topic is "unpopular Hermes opinion"...hmmm .....I love the Birkin sellier so much I picked up another one....not sure if it is a "popular" choice or "unpopular" but I fear too, that I may have missed the topic and certainly don't want to upset the mods..it was completely unintentional as I was replying to a few threads back apparently :hugs:

Reactions: duggi84 and Lejic
People going to the H sales, buying the maximum no. of items allowed and then immediately flogging them ABOVE regular (non- sale) retail on the resale market. I also don't understand the people who buy from these profiteers, why pay over retail for something that was purchased at 40 or 50% off?? It's not like paying a premium for a 2nd hand QB or similar, that's a different story when considering prespend and limited availability etc...

I’ve literally never bought secondhand (yet at least) but I get it, not everyone has the ability to go to sales, and they might genuinely like the item vs trying to gain an SA’s favor lol

Based on some posts in the Paris shopping thread I have to voice the opinion (probably a popular one however in this neck of the woods..)
WHY...Do some people throw all sense of manners, decorum, and decency out of the window when trying to purchase a bag?
I find it shocking how shameless some 'customers' are whilst pursuing their object of desire.
Refusing to leave the store, begging, trying to grab other peoples offers, being rude to the sales associates etc etc.
Are these people actually adults??? they behave like a spoilt child who lies down on the sidewalk refusing to budge until they get an ice cream.
Or the toddler who grabs another kiddies toy in nursery cos they want it.
I wonder if those who behave in the manner I've referred to will sit back at some point in the future and cringe at their behaviour ?
:confused1:

Based on some posts in the Paris shopping thread I have to voice the opinion (probably a popular one however in this neck of the woods..)
WHY...Do some people throw all sense of manners, decorum, and decency out of the window when trying to purchase a bag?
I find it shocking how shameless some 'customers' are whilst pursuing their object of desire.
Refusing to leave the store, begging, trying to grab other peoples offers, being rude to the sales associates etc etc.
Are these people actually adults??? they behave like a spoilt child who lies down on the sidewalk refusing to budge until they get an ice cream.
Or the toddler who grabs another kiddies toy in nursery cos they want it.
I wonder if those who behave in the manner I've referred to will sit back at some point in the future and cringe at their behaviour ?
:confused1:
This has been going on for years with people even crying at FSH.
My unpopular opinion is FSH has created this very situation for themselves by offering and continuing to offer bags without any prior relationship (or huge prespend). I say this objectively, even if I have benefitted from it unknowingly, (way back when, without the need for histrionics, or extreme strategies).