WHATS YOUR CURRENT and/or DREAM OFFICE BAG?

@HavPlenty I love the SDJ as well! But he hasn't been used in awhile. I have the small one. It is quite heavy when empty and I had to buy a thicker guitar strap for it. I never used the hideous thin strap that came with it lol. That LV is great too you just have to be extra careful and mindful.
@EmmJay I totally understand what you mean, you gotta do what you gotta do when that fire alarm rings! Grab that bag with you! i have been working from home for 2 years now and back in the office I used my Philip Lim Pashli to death. It's a great lightweight bag. He has retired in the back of my closet now, but I'm telling you if there was a fire alarm.I will Leave all my lunch and other essentials, hell even my Ipad. But not the bag haha! :P

I was just thinking this bag had a rather thin strap for such an expensive bag. I was wondering how it would look with a guitar strap. Do you have pictures. Does YSL make a guitar strap? Hmmm I have to check.

Reactions: lxrac
I'm gonna look at both! Thanks!

@HavPlenty hi as promised here's the cheap wide strap on my SDJ. I think it looks good for $25 strap. ;) (please excuse my laundry bits)
Any ideas how to clean the suede part of my SDJ though?

Attachments

• BFDF9BF5-6ED0-401C-9BBD-955669A0F0C8.jpeg
    BFDF9BF5-6ED0-401C-9BBD-955669A0F0C8.jpeg
    254.1 KB · Views: 335
  • C9001F5A-1391-4DBC-B032-2B9DF3BD680E.jpeg
    C9001F5A-1391-4DBC-B032-2B9DF3BD680E.jpeg
    200.5 KB · Views: 341
  • 702F19FA-7AB7-434C-8475-5121C6733D18.jpeg
    702F19FA-7AB7-434C-8475-5121C6733D18.jpeg
    222 KB · Views: 338
I work in the creative industry so my work bags tend to be a bit “edgier” looking. I’ve been using my Alexander Wang darcy tote for a long time and recently bought my dream work bag — a Givenchy nightingale. I had to get it preloved since I preferred the older style with the zipper strap and metal logo on the handles!

Hi @loveineurope You can't possibly go wrong with AW! It's arguably one of the most edgy-rock chic designers out there. Aww the nightingale is a classic. I don't have one but share some pictures yay! :biggrin:

@HavPlenty hi as promised here's the cheap wide strap on my SDJ. I think it looks good for $25 strap. ;) (please excuse my laundry bits)
Any ideas how to clean the suede part of my SDJ though?
You did a great job matching it. I like it! The suede? I stay away from suede for that very reason, lol. Probably best to get it professionally cleaned. I know they have diy kits for it but I'm not sure how it turns out. Thanks for posting the pics and good luck on your suede cleaning. It doesn't look bad to me but you are seeing it IRL. Good luck!

Reactions: lxrac
You did a great job matching it. I like it! The suede? I stay away from suede for that very reason, lol. Probably best to get it professionally cleaned. I know they have diy kits for it but I'm not sure how it turns out. Thanks for posting the pics and good luck on your suede cleaning. It doesn't look bad to me but you are seeing it IRL. Good luck!

Thanks for your support. Oh it's from Etsy, the strap, let me know if you want the link just in case you wanna buy an extra,emergency strap. It's really comfortable even after packing the bag.

Reactions: HavPlenty
Current work bag: LV Surene Monogram noir
Dream bag: Kelly Retourne 32

The Surene is working out quite well for me. My only beef is that it has double straps, and one of them keeps slipping off my shoulder. It also can’t hold a laptop, but I don’t need to carry one.

Reactions: Sankay and lxrac
Thinking about getting the Neverfull gm in the mono canvas. Just wondering if your organiser takes up too much space - I’d be looking at putting a laptop, lunch box, couple of water bottles in mine, document folders plus my every day essentials. I don’t think this would be possible with an organiser in it. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong. Thanks.

Thinning
Hi!
You will definitely be able to fit all of those items. For me, I was worried about my bag losing its shape once I place several items inside. From time to time I will also insert a simple base shaper.
Have a good one :smile:

Reactions: selm2012 and lxrac
Current work bag: LV Surene Monogram noir
Dream bag: Kelly Retourne 32

The Surene is working out quite well for me. My only beef is that it has double straps, and one of them keeps slipping off my shoulder. It also can’t hold a laptop, but I don’t need to carry one.

I agree with your dream bag! I can only dream. Hey its free to dream ha!