What's wrong with my Totally pm DE strap

Hello I happen to be in the LV boutique yesterday and showed Ali my SA your straps. She did agree the DE will show a different type of wear but she didn't think it should do this in a few months. She also agreed it could be the strap that sits at the bottom of the other strap but again did not think it should happen in a few months. She said to take it in and see what they say - they may exchange for you. I asked her what she would do if it were my Totally a few months old? She stated they would exchange for a new one but if it happen a second time they would probably send out for repair. Could be a slight defect - those are her words - SA's would not use the word defect often.

Be Blessed MoNikki

Really?! Thank you for showing your SA and asking for her opinion.👍👏☺️

No problem.

Do not wait too long to take it in - the sooner the better.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

I'm still waiting for their call though. I already took it in last Friday. They took pictures of the straps and bag and said they'll email them to the experts, then give me a call. 😒😔

Really?! Thank you for showing your SA and asking for her opinion.👍👏☺️

LV manager finally called me. The experts said the straps is normal wear. I told him I understand that the wrinkles will appear in time but not within 2 months and that I didn't use the bag 2 months straight . He said what he can do is take it in and send my bag to LV in Singapore for repair. 😔

Last edited:
Totally unacceptable. Mine has a datecode of MB1174, so made the 17th week of 2014. I got it probably four weeks later and have used it almost every day since. Every day it's been weighted down with a tablet, wallet, sunglasses, papers, goodness knows what else. I'd send your bag off for repair because that strap isn't going to get any better. (Wouldn't it be nice if LV gave you a loaner when your bag was in the shop?)

Totally unacceptable. Mine has a datecode of MB1174, so made the 17th week of 2014. I got it probably four weeks later and have used it almost every day since. Every day it's been weighted down with a tablet, wallet, sunglasses, papers, goodness knows what else. I'd send your bag off for repair because that strap isn't going to get any better. (Wouldn't it be nice if LV gave you a loaner when your bag was in the shop?)

👍hahahaha! A loaner? That would be really nice.....😜 My bag has soften and the top part of the bag has a bubbly effect to it. But it's all good. Except for the strap part of course.😁

Last edited:
My DE NF's straps looked like that within six months. I had to put up a fight to get a repair- LV ended up replacing both handles for free. The new straps started getting wrinkly again after another six months. It's normal for DE since it's only a coating on top of leather so it will eventually wrinkle at the stress points.