What's wrong with my Totally pm DE strap

It seems like getting quality bags now are extremely hit or miss. I would take it in and see what they say.

I purchased a damier ebene neverfull GM and my straps crinkled and cracked. They attempted that normal wear and tear BS and I was like no way. They exchanged mine and I haven't had one problem with the new bag... Go figure.

I did!!! Brought it in yesterday.....Like what I said earlier, they took pics and said they'll email pics to the experts and give me a call. I thought they were going to take it in and send it off. But that didn't happen. 😔 I didn't even use this bag 2 months straight. Ugh!!!!😩

i did!!! Brought it in yesterday.....like what i said earlier, they took pics and said they'll email pics to the experts and give me a call. I thought they were going to take it in and send it off. But that didn't happen. 😔 i didn't even use this bag 2 months straight. Ugh!!!!😩

👍

it seems like getting quality bags now are extremely hit or miss. I would take it in and see what they say.

I purchased a damier ebene neverfull gm and my straps crinkled and cracked. They attempted that normal wear and tear bs and i was like no way. They exchanged mine and i haven't had one problem with the new bag... Go figure.

👍

Oh no! I'm sorry I didn't read the entire thread. Honestly sometimes you have to be a pushy ***** with the repair managers. I don't allow them to not exchange my bag. They even exchanged a wallet for me that was 2+ years old due to quality issues. I'm starting to be disappointed with LV!

Oh no! I'm sorry I didn't read the entire thread. Honestly sometimes you have to be a pushy ***** with the repair managers. I don't allow them to not exchange my bag. They even exchanged a wallet for me that was 2+ years old due to quality issues. I'm starting to be disappointed with LV!

Hahahaha! No worries. Not sure if I can be a pushy b!tc# though.... LoL But I'll try. What did you say to them when they said its due to wear and tear bs? Coach me please..... I need to get ready for the upcoming BS they'll be telling me just incase. Lmao😁😂 They exchanged your 2+ years old wallet? Wow!!! That's good!👍

I was professional and intelligent but very forceful. I basically told them that they could review my purchase history under my name and my husbands and see that we're very good customers. I explained that I don't return and over the years I've only exchanged once or twice.

I told them that I purchase LV for the quality that the brand represents and that a $1100 dollar tote cracking after less then 30 days was unacceptable. I told them that a repair was out of the question on such a new bag and that before I left the store I would have either my money or a new bag. Then I told them to get whoever had the authority to handle my request.

My bag was brought back last week for repair so I anticipated and it was four months old. I had cracking glazing on my straps on my emp speedy. The SA looked at it, didn't say anything, went in the back and came out with a brand new one. I was floored. At first I thought he was loaning me that bag until mine was repaired :P he said LV has a customary one time exchange of a defective bag that is one year or less. I didn't know that and I was so happy with his honesty. GL with everything...

I agree with NLVOWITHLV that you can be polite but firm. I mean the bag is two months old and really should not show that much wear. The thing is when I had my issue with a brand new NF DA that was delivered - the side strap was twisted really bad when I opened the box. I immediately drove to the boutique after work. The repair manager looked at it and ended up getting it untwisted but told them I was not happy and I would like a new one. He was hesitant but the SA at the time told him I was a good customer and she thought they should exchange. I did not care that he fixed it - it should have not been that way in the first place and I let them know that. I understand this is not the SA's fault but I also believe I am the customer who is spending thousands of dollars on a bag I feel should be darn near perfect! They should make it right! So dear just stand firm and let know you are not happy and you also know this is not their fault! I know there are people who say LV does not have a year warranty but every time I have purchased I was told if anything goes wrong in 12 months bring it in. To me that's a warranty! Please take it in because you never know - you may be pleasantly surprised. LV has had a lot of recent issues but I am not ready to give up yet! We are in your corner so let us know I would be curious!

Be Blessed MoNikki

I think that it IS normal...the DE is leather, and all leather wears differently. It has different variations etc... some leather wrinkles, some doesn't. You may get a return, but they'll probably want to send it away.

I don't recommend being pushy, though...I've always been super polite and never had to be pushy, and my SA's are very good to me in return. They've given me replacement pieces, glazed for free..I told my SA that I didn't like a bag but had already carried it and he offered to do a return anyway...they even offered to replace a zipper on a bag that I bough preloved at no charge. So being kind and nice, I think, works better than being a pushy b****. LOL!

Thanks ladies! I'll keep you posted.... Crossing my fingers

Hello I happen to be in the LV boutique yesterday and showed Ali my SA your straps. She did agree the DE will show a different type of wear but she didn't think it should do this in a few months. She also agreed it could be the strap that sits at the bottom of the other strap but again did not think it should happen in a few months. She said to take it in and see what they say - they may exchange for you. I asked her what she would do if it were my Totally a few months old? She stated they would exchange for a new one but if it happen a second time they would probably send out for repair. Could be a slight defect - those are my words - SA's would not use the word defect often.

Be Blessed MoNikki