What's worse - people KNOWING their bag is fake or NOT KNOWING?

Knowing is definitely much worse. Some younger co-workers were joking around about a fake bag that one of the girls got from China. She was actually so proud that she got what she considered a "good fake"! Some people even agreed that it was the "best fake they ever saw"......needless to say I kept my mouth shut. Disgusting!

Knowing is far worse. People that don't pay attention to designer handbags and just buy something because they like the look of it - I don't have any animosity toward them. They are just consumers who are clueless about this area of the fashion world.

It doesn't take a HUGE stretch of the imagination to see why people might want to carry a "knockoff", or why some people might not care or realise that they're carrying a "knockoff". I don't care, to be honest. :P

Knowing is worse, because
you know you have a fake and are trying to pass it off as real, so what does that say about you

you can't afford a real one, and

you think the fake looks just like a real one.
NOT.

It doesn't take a HUGE stretch of the imagination to see why people might want to carry a "knockoff", or why some people might not care or realise that they're carrying a "knockoff". I don't care, to be honest. :P

I could never personally carry a knock off so the only case scenerio I could fathom would be to not realize it was fake which would piss me off more than anything ever.

Some people dig knock-offs I could never in a million years knowingy be one of those people. You will notice those knockoff buyers not only have a knock off bag but they have fake everything !

Knowing is much worse. If you can't afford to buy something why fake it? A woman I know was complaining about her fake $50 LV falling apart. This same woman buys bootleg watches too. Actually goes to NY to buy this stuff.

My cousin hosted a fake bag party (like a Tupperware party) and I refused to attend. There is no way I'd buy one of those things.

I'd rather carry a cool old $15 vintage bag found at a flea market then carry a fake designer bag. Yuck.

I say knowing is worse too...

So there's probably another thread about this somewhere that I can't find, but does anyone have any suggestions for what to do with an ill-begotten fake bag?? I have a fake Prada and Dior sitting in my closet for a few years that I got off ebay before I understood how to authenticate bags. Of course the sellers just disappeared off the planet when I called them on it, so no refund in sight.

I've never used them of course, but I can't figure out what in the world to do with them either. It seems like a waste to just throw them in the trash, because I can see my hard-earned money going out with them... Is there some legitimate way to get rid of fake bags without harming anyone else??

So there's probably another thread about this somewhere that I can't find, but does anyone have any suggestions for what to do with an ill-begotten fake bag?? I have a fake Prada and Dior sitting in my closet for a few years that I got off ebay before I understood how to authenticate bags. Of course the sellers just disappeared off the planet when I called them on it, so no refund in sight.

I've never used them of course, but I can't figure out what in the world to do with them either. It seems like a waste to just throw them in the trash, because I can see my hard-earned money going out with them... Is there some legitimate way to get rid of fake bags without harming anyone else??

You could sell them as fakes or replicas? Or "Prada-like" and "Dior-like" or something? You could make sure the buyer knows what they're buying (though they may not care, lol). Just be completely honest about them when you sell them.

both senarios are awful.

on one hand you have the poor buyer who paid too much. in a sense of self, not knowing is worse because you totally got fooled, and that definately hurts the ego.

on the other hand (and personally this bothers me a scoach more) we have people parading this fake crap around like it's something special. showing off the cheap version of a masterpiece. god i hate that. and i REALLY hate when they're PROUD of it. that makes me mad. i've hollared at a few ladies before, telling them all kinds of things to make them realize what a wrong doing it is to be carrying fake designer bags... usually they don't listen. the plastic musta got to their brains. humph.

i saw some THING at the DMV yesterday.... the cheap girl was carrying some cheap LV replica with P's on it... omg ew.

:throwup:

if you have cats let them lay all over them and beat the crap out of them. my male cat definately SPRAYED the FaGucci i gave him, so needless to say it's garbage. either that or give it away to someone TELLING them before you give it to them that it's fake. it's the only way! don't sell em, not in my opinion.

So NO, she can't sell them legally. Then just give them away like ViciousBliss said, I guess.
EDIT: Perhaps as a birthday present to a woman you REALLY dislike. (jk!)

Do you have a neices or friends with little girls. Thats what I would do give them to the sticky fingered little kool-aid guzzlin kids. They love to play dress up. Give them to the kids.

You could sell them as fakes or replicas? Or "Prada-like" and "Dior-like" or something? You could make sure the buyer knows what they're buying (though they may not care, lol). Just be completely honest about them when you sell them.

Oh no, I wouldn't sell them!!! I actually heard a while ago that there was some ant-counterfeiting organization that you could donate your fake bags to, but I don't remember what it was called or what they actually do with them. That's really more along the lines of what I was thinking. I don't want to donate them to Goodwill, because then someone else will just buy them, and I don't want to perpetuate the act of people making money off of fake bags. Has anyone heard of this??