Food What's the most disgusting thing you ever ate?

I still remember being a small child and being told to "try" my grandmother's pickled beet salad. I gagged. To this day, I will not put a beet in my mouth because I'm afraid of throwing it up.

+ Oysters :throwup:

I had them while I was in FL and I don't know how I swallowed it. It was cold, slimey, smelly and ughh just thinking about it makes me sick.

+ Wasabi

I ate a whole ball of it on a dare (for $$) and I can't touch the stuff or even get near it anymore, it makes me gag at the smell.

This was a hard decision to make, there are so many wonderful contestants, but after a great deal of deliberation, I was able to narrow it down to a few finalists, and it is a tie between:

Gefilte Fish and its evil frosty cousin Lutefisk

That nasty fermented bean mess from Japan

Tuna Noodle Casserole

Eeeek! I've never personally had this, but my mom (who's filipina) says some people over there actually eat baby chickens while they're still in the egg (they haven't hatched yet, they're like chicken fetuses or so) RAW with just a pinch of salt. Believe me, I've seen pics. It's DOWNRIGHT NASTY!

Ok, I went to China for three weeks with a school group. Grad students from Nanjing were our guides and had preordered ALL of the food at every restaurant we were going to. Among the ones they told me (and I can remember) goose heart, ox tail (with the bone still in, you were supposed to suck the marrow), and fish head. I lost soooooo much weight on that trip.