What's the most disappointing bag you've ever bought?

My Marc Jacobs Blake in Caramel. It's so heavy and it's not really "me". Whenever I take it out and set it on a table, I think "oooh, it's so pretty" but then I wear it and hate it. I've tried to sell it multiple times but I just don't want to take only $300 for a bag I paid nearly $1k for.

I hate to say it but my Balenciaga City. I mean it's nice, I just expected to be wow'd by it, and I'm not. I know I can sell pretty easily, I will keep it, but for the price it seems pretty fragile. I like my RM's so much better.

i regret buying a coach monogrammed bag. i liked it for a little while but then the monogramming just got annoying. its coach so it wasnt that expensive but the $300 couldve gone to a bag i wouldve liked longer.

Dior flight bag. Everyone asked me why I left the orange tag on it. (That's the point...) Plus, it broke within six months (strap became disconnected from rest of bag). Not good for a $1680 bag. :tdown:

Another recent bummer was a Marni Balloon bag I just 'had to have' when I saw a pic of Cameron Diaz with a yellow one. I found this bag really in the way most of the time and could never find anything in it as it was so big. And I found the carrying handle uncomfortable. Interestingly, when I mailed friends to tell them I'd got one, they'd heard of it and thought it was gorgeous. But nobody complimented me on it when they saw it IRL! The bag is still gathering dust in m closet. I might try and use it as an occasional shopper or something.

Oh, I've had many regrets :sad: and learned the hard (expensive) way not to grab the "it" bag of the season.

A Bulga from about 2 years back comes to mind. It was the drawstring with the gold stud design (can't remember the name). I was on a waiting list at Neiman's for a month and when it finally came... seems like every chick in the mall had one, plus the knock-offs were already out there in circulation. Bleh!

I wasn't too impressed with my Rebecca Minkoff Elisha either. When I
use the long shoulder strap it folds up kinda weird on my hip.

i'd have to say the chloe white canvas beaded bracelet bag. i've only used it once and purchased it near full price when it first came out. because it's covered in glass and metal beads its just so so so heavy and i thought it was so beautiful and ornate that my bf bought it as a gift for me so i feel horrible about selling it but it's just so heavy and i can't match it with anything as i'm a gold girl at heart :sad: it's just been sitting in my wardrobe!

:huh:oH! Great thread! I have had many "misses" in regard to bags, and some of the most notable have been:

HH Nico
HH Havana
AC Jetsetter and AC City
Chloe Betty

I hate to say it but my Balenciaga City. I mean it's nice, I just expected to be wow'd by it, and I'm not. I know I can sell pretty easily, I will keep it, but for the price it seems pretty fragile. I like my RM's so much better.

LOL, Im going to have to PM you about this. I am in the midst of purchasing a Balenciaga First from a great seller, and am having second thoughts. I would love to hear what you have to say about Bal vs. RM!:yes:

Ironically, it's the bag that first brought me here to tPF...the Isabella Fiore bronze metallic hobo!

Behold:

Isabella_Fiore_Cut_Out_Leather_Hobo.jpg

...and the vintage 2006 thread which I found on google back in the day and never looked back...

http://forum.purseblog.com/blog-entries/isabella-fiore-cut-out-leather-hobo-4852.html

I just hardly ever carry this bag. I love variety but it just doesn't work with a lot of my wardrobe. Sigh...

Louis Vuitton Suhali Le Talentueux. :police: Screws holding the metal borders on the bag began to come out only after two outings with the bag. I sent it for repairs and it came back damaged!! LV had to admit their mistakes and I got ordered another one brand new and free of charge.

Greatest disappointment :cursing:(though not a purse) was my monogrammed canvas Alzer 80 that started losing the tacks on the inside strip of leather where the lock is situated due to chaffing of the removable compartment.

Question for Marc. What's happened to the quality of my beloved LV?