What's the deal with Havaianas?

I have yet to try out Havaianas too...i just didn't get ehat the hype was all about!!! My favorite flip flops I own are Rainbows - wore them for years, still strong! I also have the $11 Marc Jacobs flip flop, which is SUPER comfy.

I love love love them.

I have so many flip flops from so many different brands, but these have never hurt me. I can walk in them for hours and they feel like marshmallows under my feet...not that i've walked on marshmallows before.

My sister also loves them and she thinks anything besides socks hurt her feet.

I only own the regular "top" style in a few colours, but I recommend them.

I am *obsessed* with Havianas.

Here in AZ, it is sooo hot in the summer, I practically live in them!!

I have them in tons of colors...they are so comfy!!!!!!!

you can get these on sale at UO and i recently picked some up at tjmaxx as well for $6. throughout summer, UO often has them for b1 g 2nd half off. i've picked up some in the winter at UO for $5 a pair. i like wearing them. i wear a pair of old navy at home and the color comes off. i've also had reefs and the cushion is giving. my sister prefers havs over jcrews as well. no blisters so far.

I like my Havaianas and they are pretty comfotable, but my Reefs are even more so (2x the price though). My Prada's are also much comfier but we're talking about two totally different shoes here :P

What in the world!? I've never heard of people getting blisters from flip flops...how strange.

I appreciate all of your replies, ladies! Thanks for the 411. :flowers:

(I have some OldNavy flip flops in: Nude, Navy, Purple, Chocolate and they've lasted a good while. And at $2 a pop, why not!?)

Rainbows...?!
Never heard of them either.. :shrugs:

i believe the havs material (or the way the rubber is done or some crap) is patented. j.crew/abercrombie have tried to recreate the bouncy softness, but nope...havs are the only ones!
Ahh. Thanks for clarifying that. So any company that wanted to use that patented stuff with their own label would have to pay the Haviana people, and probably have the shoes made only in factories under contract to Haviana, AND pay "extry" for putting their own label on.

Thus the parent company of the company that wanted to make this deal would do better to just commission a mess of non-labeled flip-flops, and distribute them in a different, less-branded, or lower-end outlet, which might or might not be feasible, depending on the production costs, since in that low end outlet they will need to be priced very low.

But I notice that several people have mentioned other brands of flip flops that are also soft and bouncy, and I have personal knowledge of un-branded soft n' bouncies myself, so we are left with the mystery of whether somebody may have succeeded in duplicating the Haviana bounce, and/or bought some in an un-marked tub! ;)

A mystery made all the less likely to be solved because to people who have strong loyalty to one brand or another, THAT's the softest and bounciest one!

when i went on vacation to the philippines, i brought 4 pairs of havainas with me and came home with 7. i love them because they're so comfy. the only other type of flipflops i wear other than hav are leather-like and the signature brown rubber abercrombie ones.

they're so popular that they're faked now!! errr!