What's the craziest thing you've done to be able to afford the bag you wanted?

I sacrifice eating out, so I cook, meal prep. Eat the same thing 4-5X a week at work for lunch, which works out for my diet / working out anyways. But I also don't buy anything else BUT focus on getting the bag. I seem to love handbags most. I don't care to wear designer clothing or shoes, bags are my thing!
Omg iam the same! [emoji23]

Last fall I flew to Paris from Boston simply to buy Louis Vuitton at a savings. I stayed only one night and spent $$$$, but I estimate that I saved almost $2,000 over what I would have (eventually) paid here, even given the price of the ticket/hotel. Plus, I felt vaguely like James Bond. :cool:

Lol. I did this, too. I was going to be in London for work and made a spontaneous last-minute trip to Paris for a bag.
This is why: before I left the States, I called the London store and they didn't have the particular color I wanted. They said they could order it from Paris. By then, I would already be back in the U.S. At that moment I decided that I would go to Paris and pick it up there instead. I took the train from London to Paris, picked up my bag, then back to London for a work event that evening, and back to work the next day.
All in, I saved only $30 over buying in the States! It was so self-indulgent. The last-minute train ticket was expensive, but I got the bag and spent a few hours in Paris! Since I still didn't pay as much as the US price, it wasn't as painful a decision as it could have been!

When I was a student at university, I wanted a "I won't name the brand here" bag so badly but couldnt afford it so I applied for an SA part-time job with the brand. I put so much times and effort into preparing for it and had to go through so many stages of interviews, but finally got it. Funnily enough when I saw the bag in store all the time when I was working, I no longer wanted it :lol: Plus I absolutely hated the store I was put in. The manager was the worst of the worst, and I believe he's still working there now, which is why I didn't name the brand. So I put my money towards my Chanel classic flap bag.

Learning to do my own Mani / Pedi cure at home :smile:

Hi!
Everything. I learned to do my own home renovations to save money, packed my lunch for work everyday, worked after work. I learned to sew and restore. I work 10 hours a day/7 days a week. Work on my days off. Honestly, I don't regret my purchases because I love my purses. It really becomes a passion.

My husband was feeling generous, and gave me the "green light" to buy a handbag. I was super pregnant - 9 months. That morning I was feeling cramps, but I ignored it. I rushed to the nearest LV and bought me Neverfull before my husband changes his mind. hahaha! Driving home from store, my water broke - drove myself to the hospital, parked and took my big brown shopping bag with me. I'm not about to leave that baby in the car unattended! I was wobbling around in ER, my maxi dress soaked in amniotic fluid with my big LV shopping bag. It was a victorious day for me! I got a new bag & a new baby!

Anyway, normally I do the boring way - save and then buy. Or redeem my credit card points for a visa gift card. Hahahha!

Btw, My new baby & new bag! [emoji23]

IMG_1495569246.866217.jpg