What's the craziest thing you've done to be able to afford the bag you wanted?

Has anyone tried that new company Affirm to pay off the bag over time? Or has anyone tried renting the bag they want or buying it pre-owned? There is a bag that I want but I just cant justify the expense. Need some good advice here! Thanks!View attachment 3540216

Jamie, where do you live? Fashionette is an European online shop for designer bags and they offer payment in three (or even twelve) installments.

Reactions: ideedee
Okay friends, I really need some expertise help here. So since august 2016, I worked my ass off to have enough money to buy a Chanel double flap bag in beige color. In December I had enough money, but since i live in Norway, I had to book tickets to either Paris or London to get the bag. I first of all called all the Chanel stores in both Paris and London and heard with them, if they had the bag in store. Unfortunately only London had, and Paris was like outsold for three weeks? I checked with London and they said that they had more than six bags. So I booked a flight and three days later I called the store, to reserve one of the bags, bet they all were sold out? And not even that, they didn't even have any in black? is there any chance that they may have some bags in store? But they are just not telling? I really want the bag:sad:

Okay friends, I really need some expertise help here. So since august 2016, I worked my ass off to have enough money to buy a Chanel double flap bag in beige color. In December I had enough money, but since i live in Norway, I had to book tickets to either Paris or London to get the bag. I first of all called all the Chanel stores in both Paris and London and heard with them, if they had the bag in store. Unfortunately only London had, and Paris was like outsold for three weeks? I checked with London and they said that they had more than six bags. So I booked a flight and three days later I called the store, to reserve one of the bags, bet they all were sold out? And not even that, they didn't even have any in black? is there any chance that they may have some bags in store? But they are just not telling? I really want the bag:sad:
Your poor thing, how frustrating! Have you tried asking this in the Chanel subforum? You might get more advice posting there.

My husband was feeling generous, and gave me the "green light" to buy a handbag. I was super pregnant - 9 months. That morning I was feeling cramps, but I ignored it. I rushed to the nearest LV and bought me Neverfull before my husband changes his mind. hahaha! Driving home from store, my water broke - drove myself to the hospital, parked and took my big brown shopping bag with me. I'm not about to leave that baby in the car unattended! I was wobbling around in ER, my maxi dress soaked in amniotic fluid with my big LV shopping bag. It was a victorious day for me! I got a new bag & a new baby!

Anyway, normally I do the boring way - save and then buy. Or redeem my credit card points for a visa gift card. Hahahha!

IslandWahine, I can totally see how pregancy and having a baby will make you do that :biggrin: lol
I've been known to close my eyes and just go get something before I have a chance to regret it - but only if its on sale or a deal that I know I would possibly never see again. Otherwise I probably would wait..

Yes, it's possible. The same happened to me when I went to HK. They said they did not have anything in the store right now and the first thing in HK was I went to Chanel and asked for the medium flap bag with the gold HW. They had it! You can also ask boutiques in Berlin and explain them your situation. Try to politely insist and find a good SA, they will ship it to you. Or just let me know, I will check it in Vienna and if they have it, I will ship it to you.

I gave up my ticket to Germany then letting my husband go there alone in exchange of an LV bag! Lol. The ticket itself costs almost equal with the LV bag though.. but he was on a business trip so i couldn't join him as well, except if i'm willing to join him after the meeting finish and fly there about an approximately 15 hours of flight. That's such a hassle though, that's why i gave up going there and hey, i've got the LV! Win-win solution. Lol

I told my husband I ordered my Valentine's gift from him so it was coming. He had no idea what a great Valentine's gift he got me sight unseen and price unknown :smile: He was cool with it when I got it though but he had no idea why a bag could cost that much. I told him his keyboards cost more than two Chanel Bags could ever cost (he's a musician) so he was fine with it.