What Would YOU Do?

Im not a big fan of buying from resellers BUT if it were me, I'd make an exception and get it from the Reseller , you HG colour/combo is very difficult to find in H stores,
But if it were something like black or rouge Casque then I say wait as these permanent colours always pop up in stores, but off beat colours are a different story,

In my experience (and ALL of my Hermes friends), you pay much more to establish a relationship and get offered a B/K. 2-5K is nothing... try 10 and over. Then once you're in the door... you have to maintain that relationship. It's an expensive hobby. If you have a specific bag in mind and that's all you want, go with the reseller...

This is very much the experience I hear most often.

If I haven't said it yet: ALL YOU ARE AWESOME!! I appreciate your candor and huge doses of reality!

I think the only thing holding me back is the huge mark-up + the 2nd B shown to me that is still marked up and slightly used, but that I keep gravitating towards (blue jean w/ ghw). Which is now calling in to question if the green is really my hg. Yup, I just threw a wrench into this. Aarg!! I have until this afternoon to decide ... I was given a deadline this am since someone else is seriously considering the bag.

You guys are amazing! Thank you thank you!

A deadline, really?? How long have you been in talks with the seller about this bag?? Before I read this, I would've said to get the Vert Veronese bag since you won't likely find it in an H store. But for that price, I'd expect a reasonable amount of time to consider the bag, WITHOUT this kind of pressure from the seller. Based on this alone, I'd walk away from the bag. It's no once in a lifetime steal, and definitely not worth buying under pressure if you're not 1000% in love with it. There are plenty of reseller's out there with nice bags in the same price range, and who knows, this same bag might still be available in a month.

A deadline, really?? How long have you been in talks with the seller about this bag?? Before I read this, I would've said to get the Vert Veronese bag since you won't likely find it in an H store. But for that price, I'd expect a reasonable amount of time to consider the bag, WITHOUT this kind of pressure from the seller. Based on this alone, I'd walk away from the bag. It's no once in a lifetime steal, and definitely not worth buying under pressure if you're not 1000% in love with it. There are plenty of reseller's out there with nice bags in the same price range, and who knows, this same bag might still be available in a month.

You make a very good point Ouija board, thank you. I should probably clarify or at least correct the word deadline that I used. Apparently someone else is interested in the bbagand they're going to see it later today and that is what I meant by a deadline. I have been interacting with the seller for about two weeks.

Ah, okay. Two weeks is quite reasonable. But if you're still unsure at this point, it may not be the right bag or right price for you. Most important thing is to be happy with your decision, not just about the bag but about the price you paid. Good luck!

Not to confuse you further but I just looked at the leather swatches for Fall 16 and there is an olive green called Oregano that's probably right up your alley. You should talk to your SA.

Let this one go. You will find your HG is not this green olive one. That is my bet and I have been there. As your collection and knowledge grow in the world of Hermes, your taste changes. Hermes never stops to surprise us with their color. However if this bag is special in leather, say box, barenia or chèvre, my suggestion will be totally different. Color is important, but replaceable IMHO, but leather and craftsmanship aren't. Use your money wisely and it will go a long way.
You can see the changes in my suggestions from two days ago to now. Once I realize you also consider the BJ, I believe you are just put your mind in a confined space and can't get it out of your head. Try to keep yourself busy for a few hours and see some pictures of Bitkin online. See how others work their bags, you may find your likings for other color as well. This was the ceasefires me and in the end, my DH got me out of it. Good luck !

Not to confuse you further but I just looked at the leather swatches for Fall 16 and there is an olive green called Oregano that's probably right up your alley. You should talk to your SA.

OMG hunny!!!! You neeeeeeed to give up the swatch deets in the SO thread!!!! CMon!!!!! :woot::woot::woot:

If I haven't said it yet: ALL YOU ARE AWESOME!! I appreciate your candor and huge doses of reality!

I think the only thing holding me back is the huge mark-up + the 2nd B shown to me that is still marked up and slightly used, but that I keep gravitating towards (blue jean w/ ghw). Which is now calling in to question if the green is really my hg. Yup, I just threw a wrench into this. Aarg!! I have until this afternoon to decide ... I was given a deadline this am since someone else is seriously considering the bag.

You guys are amazing! Thank you thank you!

I think you were probably given the deadline to put some pressure on you,
IYKWIM..

If another color has you swaying, I'd take the time you need to consider
what you really want.. This is a big investment, there should be no
regrets..

Oh my I LOVE great H greens so I feel your dilemma on this one!!! It's a tough decision for sure when the bag you want is right there in front of you!

My only question would be...if you have been bouncing back and forth for a couple of weeks on this vert Veronese beauty, does it really mean it's your true HG? From my experience, H may retire colors for a few season, but they usually pop up every few seasons. If it's just an olive green you're after, H still has a variety of them I've seen in the last few months (vert olive, canopee, vert de gris, vert bronze), plus vert anglais and sauge (not olive greens, but pretty neutral greens) hanging around. I would ask your SA about these and their availability.

If it's specifically vert Veronese you're after and you're willing to pay the markup, then go for it. Personally though, I would wait unless your heart is specifically set on this particular color.

Either way, good luck finding your HG bag!

Oh my I LOVE great H greens so I feel your dilemma on this one!!! It's a tough decision for sure when the bag you want is right there in front of you!

My only question would be...if you have been bouncing back and forth for a couple of weeks on this vert Veronese beauty, does it really mean it's your true HG? From my experience, H may retire colors for a few season, but they usually pop up every few seasons. If it's just an olive green you're after, H still has a variety of them I've seen in the last few months (vert olive, canopee, vert de gris, vert bronze), plus vert anglais and sauge (not olive greens, but pretty neutral greens) hanging around. I would ask your SA about these and their availability.

If it's specifically vert Veronese you're after and you're willing to pay the markup, then go for it. Personally though, I would wait unless your heart is specifically set on this particular color.

Either way, good luck finding your HG bag!

Thank you Rosebud! The color I love!! I simply have an infatuation with olive green. It's the $17k+ that has me teetering. But as pointed out in the thread either it's an upfront premium for the bag now OR paying that premium and then some on H products that I may or may not love/want just to prove my loyalty.

It's quite a dilemma but You've gotten quite a few excellent advices from fellow members. Ive been in the same situation as you(I'm sure many others have too), except in my case it was lagoon. And no other shades come close to it in my eyes..so in the end I bit the bullet and bought it at a premium. Do I have any regrets? Nooooo. Although my bank account did, I have zero regrets because that's how sure I was of that color. It was my HG. If you feel the same way about Vert Veronese and know in your gut that any other shares of olive green would not suffice, then I say go for it. The markup is not significant considering all the other unknowns waiting around for your sa and actually getting the bag even if the same color is released again at podium. Also, would you be happy with slight used condition? It might pop up in used condition and selling at a slight discount..
Good luck with your decision dear. I'm sure you'll make the right choice for you. And in the end, only you know best.

It's quite a dilemma but You've gotten quite a few excellent advices from fellow members. Ive been in the same situation as you(I'm sure many others have too), except in my case it was lagoon. And no other shades come close to it in my eyes..so in the end I bit the bullet and bought it at a premium. Do I have any regrets? Nooooo. Although my bank account did, I have zero regrets because that's how sure I was of that color. It was my HG. If you feel the same way about Vert Veronese and know in your gut that any other shares of olive green would not suffice, then I say go for it. The markup is not significant considering all the other unknowns waiting around for your sa and actually getting the bag even if the same color is released again at podium. Also, would you be happy with slight used condition? It might pop up in used condition and selling at a slight discount..
Good luck with your decision dear. I'm sure you'll make the right choice for you. And in the end, only you know best.

Thank you minismurf, I loved your note :smile:

I've been researching Fjord leather (read several opinions on here,too) ... Any thoughts? Preferences? Is it really stiff? Weight, on par with Togo?